Regional Business Development Manager, Philadelphia (REMOTE)
Signing Bonus Up To $1,500
Founders First Capital Partners (FFCP), a small business accelerator, providing mentorship and flexible loans to companies run by diverse leaders, is looking for an ambitious Regional Business Development Manager to join our team!
As a member of the FFCP team , the ideal candidate will be responsible for sourcing interesting, diverse-led companies that can leverage our unique revenue-based financing to grow their business, create premium-wage jobs and help close the wealth gap that minority-owned businesses face.
The ideal candidate should be highly curious, have excellent communication skills and most importantly, be a go-getter. The ideal candidate will demonstrate keen attention to detail, an ability to work independently and be able to prioritize tasks efficiently.
Furthermore, this person should be experienced in reviewing companies, having connections within the Philadelphia/New Jersey/small business market.
The responsibilities for this role include:
● Prospecting for new founders who are interested in our financing options and accelerator programs
● Attending 1-2 networking events a week in the Greater Pennsylvania/New Jersey area to expand existing networks and relationships
● Building referral relationships with partners in the startup/small business ecosystem (accelerators, brokers, vc funds, etc.)
● Working with partners to market the grants that FFCP offers to underrepresented founders
● Collaborate with the marketing team to develop outbound campaigns
● Understanding both partner and founder needs, then presenting solutions that meet those needs
● Making presentations on services provided by the company
● And most importantly: helping to close deals!
This is a perfect role for someone who is:
● Extroverted, persuasive and competitive
● People-focused and have a knack for connecting easily to others
● Inherently curious, loves to ask questions and loves to deliver excellent customer service
● Someone who works quickly, independently, and is very goal-oriented
● Someone with a take charge attitude and thrives on turning a “no” into a “yes
● Interested in working for a company that has a “heart” and makes an impact
● Excited about entrepreneurship and working with diverse founders
● Based in Philadelphia/South Jersey
If this describes you, you may be who we are looking for!
This is a full time position and includes a signing bonus of up to $1,500.
Location: Working remotely from Philadelphia, PA
● 5+ years experience selling to small business and exceeding goals, including cold calling
● 3+ years of analyzing companies and assessing their funding needs, including reviewing financial statements (balance, p&l and cash flow statements)
● 1+ year working with Salesforce for managing leads & opportunities
● Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
● Additional helpful experience includes public speaking, knowledge of Hubspot and experience developing partnerships with other organizations in the p/small business ecosystem
Salary: $60,000 - $80,000 + structured quarterly and annual bonuses
● Bachelor's Degree, master’s degree preferred
Founders First Capital is a small business accelerator, providing mentorship and flexible loans to $250K-$5M service-based companies run by diverse leaders such as women, minorities, veterans, LGBT+, and those living in low and moderate-income areas. Despite the economic downturn, we are a fast-growing, exciting business with an important mission: to provide opportunity and growth acceleration to companies led by founders from groups who have been routinely and structurally underserved for mentoring and financing programs. We have relationships with large financial institutions like the Consumer Technology Association, Kaufman Foundation and Rockefeller Foundation.