- Interested in working for a company that is making a difference?
- Forward thinking and proactive?
- Possess a relentless commitment to excellence?
- Are you passionate about building relationships with clients?
The Business Development Representative is a critical component in the market awareness strategy. The candidate will engage prospective small business clients via inbound (chat, marketing leads, phone inquiries, email requests) and outbound channels to generate leads and market awareness. The candidate must be a highly organized multitasker able to manage and document all activities in Salesforce. The Business Development Representative will also be responsible for initial screening of qualified prospects and collecting initial documentation.
Salary: $50,000 + quarterly bonus
Physical Setting: Onsite at San Diego Office, 3-4 days per week
COVID Policy: All employees must be fully vaccinated per company policy.
About Us: Founders First Capital Partners, Inc provides funding and business growth advisory support to diverse founder-led small businesses. We provide revenue-based funding and business acceleration support to service-based small businesses located outside of major capital markets such as Silicon Valley and New York City. We focus on supporting businesses led by women, people of color, and military veterans, LGBTQ+, inclusive teams and businesses located in low to moderate-income areas.
- Manage a portfolio of qualified small business prospects with annual sales between $500K-$10M
- Identify, qualify, and secure business opportunities, coordinating business generation activities, developing targeted sales strategies
- Business Development Representative is responsible for generating leads and developing new opportunities for revenue-based financing with warm referrals to grants and programs teams
- Schedule appointments with qualified business prospects on behalf of the Investment Team
- Research and evaluate prospective businesses for long-term financial viability and consistency with company credit policies and objectives
- Identify, analyze, qualify and manage prospects with revenues in excess of $500,000
- Converting prospects into qualified referrals to Investment Team to solicit the business and close relationships
- 2+ years' cold calling experience; previous experience in an outbound call center, inside sales experience, or related sales experience; knowledge of sales process from initiation to close
- Salesforce or CRM
- Lead generation and prospect management
- Persuasive and goal-oriented
- Professionally and confidently communicates with C-Level Executives
- Excellent analytical and time-management skills
- Demonstrated and proven sales results
- Ability to work independently or as an active member of a team
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent job experience
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Please note that this is an on-site position.