· Thrive in a fast paced high growth company
· Have sound judgment, ability to clearly make reasoned recommendations
· Exceptional at handling labor and employment matters
· Possess excellent communication skills (oral and written) within and across departments
· Self-starter with a good business sense and interpersonal intelligence
· Have a take charge attitude and a sense of urgency, honesty and fairness in all that you do
· Possess the ability to analyze problems and propose problem solving solutions
· Desire to work for a company that has a “heart” and makes an impact
· Believe in and resonate with the mission of diversity & inclusion
If this describes you, you may be who we are looking for!
An ideal candidate will be detail oriented, will have experience working at a high growth company and is a team-player who can dive into a multitude of projects ranging from recruiting, new hire onboarding, 401k, benefits administration, and HR policy development. This position will provide support and advice on labor and employment related issues such as benefits, payroll, compensation and HR policies & procedures. This candidate must have at least 5+ years experience as a Sr. HR Coordinator and Office Management experience.
This is a full time position and will report to the San Diego office 3-4 days a week in Sorrento Valley.
Salary: $85,000 to $100,000 based on experience; $3,000 signing bonus
Hybrid Role: Work on-site at San Diego corporate office 3 - 4 days a week
· Coordinate with cross-functional partners to develop integrated human capital plans and project initiatives consistent with the overall HR strategy for the company
· Develop an optimization roadmap that will assist the Company in transitioning off a PEO model in 2023
· Be at the forefront of compliance, safeguarding the company from human resources compliance issues
· Manage all aspects of employee benefits and compensation (payroll), crafting a benefits program that is attractive and cost-effective
· Manage the entire hiring process including: drafting job description, resume screening, phone screens, interviewing, new hire paperwork, reference checking, new hire onboarding orientation and other presentations as needed
· Maintain knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law
· Maintain applicant database and employee HR files
· Be a talent magnet while building the best-in-class talent acquisition team focused on attracting and attaining the best talent for the organization timely
· Oversee and facilitate bi-annual 360 reviews and collaborate with managers to support professional development of the team, including Traction and Regional trainings
· Create and execute new leader assimilation for newly hired and promoted talent, ensuring people have the tools and resources to be successful in their roles
· Bachelor's Degree
· Completion of HR certificate a plus, or equivalent knowledge
· Senior HR Coordinator / Recruiting Experience: 5+ years (Required)
· Office Administration: 4 years (Required)
· 401K and benefits experience (Required)
· Payroll: 1 year (Required)
· Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
· Dental insurance
· Employee assistance program
· Health insurance
· Health savings account
· Life insurance
· Paid time off
· Vision insurance
Founders First Capital Partners is building a comprehensive ecosystem through its proprietary platform to empower underrepresented founders to become leading premium wage job creators within their communities. We provide revenue-based funding and business acceleration support to service-based small businesses located outside of major capital markets such as Silicon Valley and New York City. We focus on supporting businesses led by women, ethnic minorities, and military veterans, inclusive teams and businesses located in low to moderate income areas. Our proprietary business accelerator programs, learning platform, and growth methodologies transition these underserved service-based businesses into $5M to $10M recurring revenue, tech-enabled companies while providing, high-yield investments for fund limited partners (LPs) that perform like bonds but generate returns on par with equity investments.
Please note that this is on-site position.