QualityMetric (QM) is committed to improving healthcare through measurement of health from the patient’s perspective, supporting customers in life science and population health markets with patient reported outcome (PRO) and other clinical outcome assessment (COA) solutions. Our scientific consulting services group conducts qualitative, quantitative, and mixed methods studies. For example, survey development, modification, and validation to support medical product development; strategic consulting for regulatory needs; observational studies; exploratory analyses of existing data; literature review and gap analysis; and qualitative studies to better understand the patient, clinician, or caregiver experience.
Projects range in size, type, and across multiple disease areas. Our team of experts has backgrounds in biostatistics, psychology, education, epidemiology, public health, and sociology, and is based in Johnston, Rhode Island, with many full-time telecommuters from other states and some other countries. Our team is collegial and supportive of work-life balance.
We are hiring an Outcomes Research Associate. This position plays a key role in supporting many qualitative and mixed method studies, including exploratory individual interview and focus group studies to examine burden of disease, evaluating content validity of PROs and other COAs, and the development or modification of COA measures. The Outcomes Research Associate works independently on assignments with some supervision from senior staff.
- Conducts individual interviews and moderates focus groups, following guidance from protocol, interview guides, and project-specific training
- Conducts lit reviews and summarizes into scientific outputs
- Under direction of senior team members, conducts coding and analyses and prepares required graphs, tables and figures using the appropriate software tools
- Contributes to the development of quantitative and qualitative study deliverables, including data visualization, reports, manuscripts, and conference posters/presentations
- Assists with project management using guidelines of company and department operating procedures
- May present at professional meetings and client-sponsored events
- Proactively problem solves; identifies and helps drive resolution of issues at all phases of the project that could affect success
- Reports on projects to supervisor or senior leadership as necessary
- Interacts with clients, clinical experts, and research support staff to ensure that projects are completed in a timeline fashion and in accordance with quality standards and Standard Operating Procedures
- Interacts effectively and collegially with all employees, fostering a supportive and cross departmental sharing environment
Education: Master’s degree or PhD in a relevant field strongly preferred; Bachelor’s degree accepted with experience
- Experience in qualitative research design, data collection, and analysis of qualitative data is preferred
- Experience using qualitative software (such as NVivo or Atlas.ti) is preferred
Knowledge: Knowledge of ICH GCP, 21 CFR Part 11 compliance or experience working in a highly regulated industry would be an asset but is not required
Skills: Strong written and verbal communication skills are required