Director Vector Supply & Innovation
This leadership position will support both Research- and Technical Operations-driven activities. The individual will lead a dedicated group under the direction of the Chief Technology Officer to plan, design, and execute experiments to supply pre-clinical studies with comparable material, develop novel vector technologies and work in conjunction with research and process development to stay at the forefront of cutting edge gene therapy manufacturing. The location of this leadership role is in the Boston area.
Responsibilities – Including but not limited to:
· Establish and lead the team dedicated to supplying pre-clinical material to various internal/external groups
· Manage a team of direct reports to deliver innovative solutions to deliver material to the pre-clinical team
· Act as a scientific expert on activities including designing, planning, and execution of experimental plans for pre-clinical supply and introduction of novel technologies into the platform.
· Execute, write and review experimental plans, batch records, or other development documents related documents
· Communicate and collaborate with team members and leadership team
· Ensure materials with GMP-compatible materials and equipment are available to develop processes, produce toxicology material, and transfer to process development.
· Provide support in technology transfer of processes to process development for optimizations
· Work to maintain, develop and lead safety culture through programs to identify and address concerns of staff.
· Other duties as assigned
Qualifications: Experience, Knowledge, and Skill Requirements:
· Ph.D. in Biology, Chemistry, Life Sciences or related field with a minimum of 1 year of experience
· MS in Biology, Chemistry, Life Sciences or related field with a minimum of 3 years of experience
· B.S. in Biology, Chemistry, Life Sciences or related field and >5 years of industry experience Degree requirements can be lessened by experience
· Relevant experience in small- and large-scale cell culture techniques required and virus production utilizing transfection and/or infection-based systems, is a plus
· Experience with start-up operations and strategic planning
· Adherent and suspension experience is required and the ability to utilize multiple platforms technologies is a must
· Experience with equipment related to USPD is expected including bioreactors, automated cell counters, metabolite analyzers, pumps, pressure monitors, and biowelders,
· Knowledge of downstream processing and analytical assays preferred
· Excellent communication skills, including technical writing ability
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and managing ambiguity and uncertainty
· Work effectively independently and with cross-functional teams
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
AavantiBio is committed to nondiscrimination with respect to race, creed, color, religion, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, national origin, political opinions or affiliations, genetic information, and veteran status in all aspects of employment including recruitment, hiring, promotions, transfers, discipline, terminations, wage and salary administration, benefits, and training.
About the Company
Biotechnology - 50-70 employees
AavantiBio is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company committed to developing and commercializing novel gene transfer and gene editing therapies for the treatment of rare and ultra-rare genetic diseases. The company is rapidly building a diverse portfolio of gene transfer and gene editing therapies to target debilitating genetic diseases for which the unmet medical need is high for which there are typically no approved therapies treating the underlying disease.
AavantiBio is headquartered in Cambridge, MA with an additional location in Gainesville, FL. We are looking for exceptional individuals who share our passion for developing novel therapies to treat rare diseases and advancing the field of gene transfer therapy.
Developing genetic treatments for rare diseases is inspiring but challenging work and it takes dedication and courage which will make a meaningful impact on those who suffer from rare diseases. At AavantiBio, we will push each other to perform at our very best and build a company that not only our employees are proud of, but also the rare disease community, because everyone knows we are trying to make a difference in patients’ lives.
Come join our team!