is looking for a Human Resource (HR) Director. The HR Director will plan, lead, direct, develop, and coordinate the policies and activities, aligned with the HR function, ensuring legal compliance and implementation of the organization’s mission and talent strategy. This individual will report directly to the Chief Operating Officer/General Counsel.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Collaborates with senior leadership to understand the organizations goals and strategy related to staffing, recruiting, and retention.
- Plans, leads, develops, coordinates, and implements policies, processes, training, initiatives, and surveys to support the organizations human resource compliance and strategy needs.
- Administers or oversees the administration of human resource programs including, but not limited to, compensation, benefits, and leave; disciplinary matters; disputes and investigations; performance and talent management; productivity, recognition, and morale; occupational health and safety; and training and development.
- Identifies staffing and recruiting needs; develops and executes best practices for hiring and talent management.
- Conducts research and analysis of organizational trends including review of reports and metrics from the organizations human resource information system (HRIS) or talent management system.
- Monitors and ensures the organizations compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews and modifies policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law; applies this knowledge to communicate changes in policy, practice, and resources to upper management.
- Facilitates professional development, training, and certification activities for HR staff.
- Develops and implements function’s budget.
- Performs other duties as required.
Required Education, Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required; Master’s degree preferred.
- At least ten years of human resource management experience required.
- A minimum of five years of experience in life sciences or biotechnology industry.
- Start-up experience preferred.
- SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP highly preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong management and leadership skills.
- Ability to adapt to the needs of the organization and employees.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the organizations HRIS and talent management systems.
About the Company
Biotechnology – 30-50 employees
is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company committed to developing and commercializing novel gene transfer and gene editing therapies for the treatment of rare and ultra-rare genetic diseases. The company is rapidly building a diverse portfolio of gene transfer and gene editing therapies to target debilitating genetic diseases for which the unmet medical need is high for which there are typically no approved therapies treating the underlying disease.
AavantiBio is headquartered in Cambridge, MA with an additional location in Gainesville, FL. We are looking for exceptional individuals who share our passion for developing novel therapies to treat rare diseases and advancing the field of gene transfer therapy.
Developing genetic treatments for rare diseases is inspiring but challenging work and it takes dedication and courage which will make a meaningful impact to those who suffer from rare diseases. At AavantiBio, we will push each other to perform at our very best and build a company that not only our employees are proud of, but also the rare disease community, because everyone knows we are trying to make a difference in patients’ lives.
Come join our team!
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
AavantiBio is committed to non-discrimination with respect to race, creed, color, religion, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, national origin, political opinions or affiliations, genetic information and veteran status in all aspects of employment including recruitment, hiring, promotions, transfers, discipline, terminations, wage and salary administration, benefits, and training.