Director, Information Technology
is looking for an experienced Director of Information Technology to be responsible for the management, strategy, and execution of the company’s IT infrastructure. This individual will report to the Chief Operating Officer & General Counsel.
· Full-time position. Benefits include high-quality health insurance plans including both gold and platinum Blue Cross Blue Shield plans, for which pays a competitive 85% of the health insurance premiums for our employees and their families. In addition to health insurance, we have put in place flexible spending accounts and other benefits for our employees, including dental, vision, short- and long-term disability, group life insurance, AFLAC, and more. To assist our employees with their retirement planning, offers a safe-harbor 401(k) plan with a generous 6% company match.
Responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Overseeing the company’s technical infrastructure
- Overseeing technical projects in alignment with organizational goals
- Directing the effective delivery of networks, development, and recovery systems and processes
- Working with information engineers to find solutions to manage business activities
- Managing IT staff, while working closely with management, external vendors, and advisors
- Preparing financial budgets and presenting proposals for projects to senior executives
- Researching and recommending solutions for IT issues
- Leading efforts to improve IT processes
- Eliminating security risks
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Required Education, Experience, Skills, and Abilities:
- Minimum of 10 years IT experience required
- Minimum of 5 years IT management experience
- Bachelor’s degree in computer or information science or related field required
- Start-up experience in life science industry preferred
- Optional – Master’s degree, such as MS in information systems or an MBA
- Excellent understanding of computer systems, security, network and systems administration, databases and data storage systems, and telecommunications systems
- Excellent decision-making, analytical, and leadership skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to effectively communicate with teams across the entire organization
- Analyze workflows and delegate goals
- Develop and maintain performance standards
- Implement and monitor new projects
- Make hiring decisions
- Strong knowledge of project management principles
The level of this position will be based on the final candidate's qualifications. Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of an employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
About the Company
Biotechnology – 40-60 employees
is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company committed to developing and commercializing novel gene transfer and gene editing therapies for the treatment of rare and ultra-rare genetic diseases. The company is rapidly building a diverse portfolio of gene transfer and gene editing therapies to target debilitating genetic diseases for which the unmet medical need is high for which there are typically no approved therapies treating the underlying disease.
is headquartered in Cambridge, MA with an additional location in Gainesville, FL. We are looking for exceptional individuals who share our passion for developing novel therapies to treat rare diseases and advancing the field of gene transfer therapy.
Developing genetic treatments for rare diseases is inspiring but challenging work and it takes dedication and courage which will make a meaningful impact on those who suffer from rare diseases. At , we will push each other to perform at our very best and build a company that not only our employees are proud of, but also the rare disease community, because everyone knows we are trying to make a difference in patients’ lives.
Come join our team!
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
AavantiBio is committed to nondiscrimination with respect to race, creed, color, religion, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, national origin, political opinions or affiliations, genetic information, and veteran status in all aspects of employment including recruitment, hiring, promotions, transfers, discipline, terminations, wage and salary administration, benefits, and training.