The Pre-Clinical Research Coordinator reports directly to the Senior Director of Program Management with a dotted line to the Vice President of Research. He/she is responsible for the preclinical elements of the project and will have the opportunity to plan and organize activities aligned to the execution of preclinical studies of gene therapy programs. This key role will coordinate program activities from inception to execution through completion to achieve on-time, on-budget project results with high quality. While this role can be done remotely, the preferred location of this individual is the East coast given the location of key stakeholders and partners.
Full-time position. Benefits include high-quality health insurance plans including both gold and platinum Blue Cross Blue Shield plans, for which AavantiBio pays a competitive 85% of the health insurance premiums for our employees and their families. In addition to health insurance, we have put in place flexible spending accounts and other benefits for our employees, including dental, vision, short- and long-term disability, group life insurance, AFLAC, and more. To assist our employees with their retirement planning, AavantiBio offers a safe-harbor 401(k) plan with a generous 6% company match.
Responsibilities – Including but not limited to:
· Establishes, maintains and supports relationships with key internal and external stakeholders including collaborators and CROs.
· Coordinates study activities and oversees that they are completed in accordance with existing policies and procedures
· Organizes and maintains all documents and records related to the program studies and ensured timely delivery of study documents
· Acts as a consolidated point of contact for external and internal stakeholders to ensure timely completion of preclinical research studies
· Coordinates sample shipment and sample testing timelines
· Support the execution of discovery and preclinical stages of a project with internal teams and external stakeholders in partnership with the Project Team Lead.
· Utilize formal communication protocols and tools including minutes, dashboards, progress reports, weekly/monthly updates, and any other specific information as needed for internal use and for CMO/CRO engagement to help achieve company and operational goals
Qualifications, Knowledge, and Skill Requirements:
· Bachelor's degree with experience in life sciences.
· 2+ years experience in program management of drug development, preferably in the gene therapy field.
· Excellent organizational and project management skills,
· Experience supporting or managing multi-partner alliances.
· Demonstrated ability to support research & preclinical development programs.
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office, and Program Management tools.
· Excellent communication (written and verbal) skills including presentation skills.
· Ability to work independently and collaboratively, as required, in a fast-paced, matrixed, team environment consisting of internal and external team members.
· Analytical thinker with excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to adapt to changing priorities and deadlines.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of an employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
About the Company
Biotechnology – 30-50 employees
AavantiBio is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company committed to developing and commercializing novel gene transfer and gene editing therapies for the treatment of rare and ultra-rare genetic diseases. The company is rapidly building a diverse portfolio of gene transfer and gene editing therapies to target debilitating genetic diseases for which the unmet medical need is high and for which there are typically no approved therapies treating the underlying disease.
Headquartered in Cambridge, MA with an additional location in Gainesville, FL, AavantiBio is looking for exceptional individuals who share our passion for developing novel therapies to treat rare diseases and advancing the field of gene transfer therapy.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
AavantiBio is committed to non-discrimination with respect to race, creed, color, religion, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, and expression, marital status, national origin, political opinions or affiliations, genetic information and veteran status in all aspects of employment including recruitment, hiring, promotions, transfers, discipline, terminations, wage and salary administration, benefits, and training.