Lab Technician II
AavantiBio is looking for an experienced Lab Technician to join the team and support key activities across multiple labs in their Gainesville, Florida location. This individual will be responsible for providing the support needed for efficient operations in the Process Development laboratories. The position will support, but is not limited to, all aspects of laboratory work material management, data entry for procurement, and inventory tracking, maintaining strict inventory records, preparation of commonly used reagents, and aiding in operations and experiments. This individual will report to the Laboratory Manager and will be based in Gainesville, Florida.
· Full-time position. Benefits include high-quality health insurance plans including both gold and platinum Blue Cross Blue Shield plans, for which AavantiBio pays a competitive 85% of the health insurance premiums for our employees and their families. In addition to health insurance, we have put in place flexible spending accounts and other benefits for our employees, including dental, vision, short- and long-term disability, group life insurance, AFLAC, and more. To assist our employees with their retirement planning, AavantiBio offers a safe-harbor 401(k) plan with a generous 6% company match.
Responsibilities including but not limited to:
· Data entry for procurement and inventory tracking
· Material and inventory management and proactive planning to ensure the lab maintains operation and efficiencies
· Maintaining inventory and records of supplies, materials, and equipment
· Performing daily tasks such as calibration and function checks of lab equipment
· Ensure the laboratory, equipment, and materials are in an orderly, clean, and safe condition at all times
· Cleaning and maintenance of equipment and the laboratory facility
· Follow Good Documentation Practices (GDP) in records and logbooks
· Follow Good Laboratory Practices (GLP)
· Proper disposal of chemical and biohazard waste
· Adherence to all safety and quality control requirements and documentation as specified in company SOPs
· Operation and calibration of microscopes, balances, centrifuges, and other laboratory equipment
· Distribution of material and supplies from storage areas, production room, and shipping and receiving
· Provide support for laboratory operations and experiments
· Washing and sterilizing laboratory glassware, plasticware, and biohazardous waste
· Other duties as assigned
· High school diploma or equivalent
· Minimum of 2 years of related experience
· Experience with inventory and material management and ordering, preferred
· Experience with documentation, GDP preferred
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Have coordination to perform actions that require fine tactile strength
· Ability to see objects up close for inspection
· Move and manipulate objects weighing up to 25 pounds
· Strong computer technical skills, especially Excel
· Ability to work in a team and independently
· Organized and detail-oriented
The level of this position will be based on the final candidate's qualifications. Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of an employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
About the Company
Biotechnology – 30-50 employees
AavantiBio is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company committed to developing and commercializing novel gene transfer and gene editing therapies for the treatment of rare and ultra-rare genetic diseases. The company is rapidly building a diverse portfolio of gene transfer and gene editing therapies to target debilitating genetic diseases for which the unmet medical need is high and for which there are typically no approved therapies treating the underlying disease.
Headquartered in Cambridge, MA with an additional location in Gainesville, FL, AavantiBio is looking for exceptional individuals who share our passion for developing novel therapies to treat rare diseases and advancing the field of gene transfer therapy.
AavantiBio is committed
to non-discrimination with respect to race, creed, color, religion, age,
disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, and expression, marital
status, national origin, political opinions or affiliations, genetic
information and veteran status in all aspects of employment including
recruitment, hiring, promotions, transfers, discipline, terminations, wage and
salary administration, benefits, and training.