The Executive Assistant will provide high-level administrative support to the CEO and other Executive Committee members. Reporting directly to the CEO, the Executive Assistant provides executive support in a one-on-one working relationship. The ideal individual will have the ability to exercise good judgment in a diversity of situations, with strong written and verbal communication, administrative, and organizational skills, and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities. This position may be remote located. The Executive Assistant will provide support with a high level of professionalism and in a manner that reflects positively on the organization.
· Full-time position. Benefits include high-quality health insurance plans including both gold and platinum Blue Cross Blue Shield plans, for which AavantiBio pays a competitive 85% of the health insurance premiums for our employees and their families. In addition to health insurance, we have put in place flexible spending accounts and other benefits for our employees, including dental, vision, short- and long-term disability, group life insurance, AFLAC, and more. To assist our employees with their retirement planning, AavantiBio offers a safe-harbor 401(k) plan with a generous 6% company match.
Responsibilities including but not limited to:
· Manage sensitive matters with a high level of confidentiality and discretion especially decisions directly impacting the global operations of the company.
· Sustain a daily calendar of meetings and events.
· Prepare Word, Excel, PowerPoint presentations, agendas, reports, special projects and other documents in support of objectives for the organization.
· Arrange travel and accommodations for executives. Prepare expense reports.
· Screen incoming telephone calls; take and deliver accurate messages; respond to requests by gathering and providing information and referring non-routine calls to the appropriate staff.
· Excellent communication and time management skills; proven ability to meet deadlines.
· Ability to function well in a high-paced environment; performs additional duties as assigned by executives.
· Draft and prepare correspondence for internal announcements, board meetings, and organizations that the executive is involved with
· Manage the Executive's contacts
· Assist in preparing and managing presentations and decks.
· Be responsive to emails/texts/phone calls, with contact outside normal business hours
· Welcome the Executive’s guests by greeting them, in person or on the phone; answering or directing inquiries.
· Use discretion, confidentiality, and good judgment to handle C-Level matters.
· Represent the company and the Executive in a positive light through great follow-through skills and sound judgment.
· Organize complex calendars and schedules; resolving any scheduling issues
· Performs other related duties as assigned.
Required Education, Skills, and Experience:
· Bachelor's degree required or commensurate experience
· 5+ years of related experience required in working in an executive assistant role supporting C-Level executives.
· Advanced Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
· Ability to communicate effectively and professionally.
· Business sense - has a strong business sense and can decipher priorities and make sound judgment calls when needed.
· Commitment to excellence - perform duties at the highest level possible on a consistent basis.
· Demonstrate ability and temperament to work with sensitive information.
· Team player - have team-oriented experience and approach.
· Service focus - dedicated to meeting the expectations of the CEO and other senior executives by maintaining effective relationships with interested parties.
· Ability to think outside of the box with a sense of urgency.
The level of this position will be based on the final candidate's qualifications. Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of an employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
About the Company
Biotechnology – 25-50 employees
AavantiBio is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company committed to developing and commercializing novel gene transfer and gene editing therapies for the treatment of rare and ultra-rare genetic diseases. The company is rapidly building a diverse portfolio of gene transfer and gene editing therapies to target debilitating genetic diseases for which the unmet medical need is high and for which there are typically no approved therapies treating the underlying disease.
Headquartered in Cambridge, MA with an additional location in Gainesville, FL, AavantiBio is looking for exceptional individuals who share our passion for developing novel therapies to treat rare diseases and advancing the field of gene transfer therapy.
AavantiBio is committed to nondiscrimination with respect to race, creed, color, religion, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, national origin, political opinions or affiliations, genetic information and veteran status in all aspects of employment including recruitment, hiring, promotions, transfers, discipline, terminations, wage and salary administration, benefits, and training.