AavantiBio is looking for an experienced Paralegal II to assist the in-house Legal Department in the performance of services for the company. This individual will report to the Director of Legal and will be based in Gainesville, Florida.
· Full-time position. Benefits include high-quality health insurance plans including both gold and platinum Blue Cross Blue Shield plans, for which AavantiBio pays a competitive 85% of the health insurance premiums for our employees and their families. In addition to health insurance, we have put in place flexible spending accounts and other benefits for our employees, including dental, vision, short- and long-term disability, group life insurance, AFLAC, and more. To assist our employees with their retirement planning, AavantiBio offers a safe-harbor 401(k) plan with a generous 6% company match.
Responsibilities including but not limited to:
· Prepare draft letters, agreements, and other documents
· Schedule candidate interviews; gather documents and assist hiring managers in preparation for same; arrange Zoom or Teams for interviews; follow up with hiring managers after interviews to coordinate the next steps
· Assist in retaining, communicating with, and obtaining relevant information for and from consultants
· Administrative support such as managing calendar
· Schedule meetings
· Make travel arrangements
· Handle email
· Make revisions to documents
· Document and file management, including maintaining a paperless document repository
· Analyze and compile data in the form requested (e.g., charts or spreadsheets, etc.)
· Draft reports, as needed, relating to the status of employment and HR matters and maintain detailed, up-to-date information relating to such matters
· Post Job Descriptions in Applicant Tracking software
· Meet with new employees over Zoom or Teams to gather their information and enter it into the HR software
· Complete I-9 Verification for new employees
· Assist employees with completing forms for health insurance and other benefits
· Perform other related duties as assigned.
Required Skills, Education, and Experience:
· 2 Years’ experience as a Paralegal is required
· Associate’s degree or higher is preferred
· Advanced skills in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel and PowerPoint is required
· Excellent written and oral communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively and in a professional manner
· Ability to work quickly and accurately under deadlines/pressure
· Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to multi-task and work productively as a member of a multi-disciplinary team
· Ability to work with others at all levels
· Maintain confidentiality of departmental issues
· Attention to detail
· Regular and reliable attendance
· Assignments may, but do not normally, include overtime and/or weekend hours
The level of this position will be based on the final candidate's qualifications. Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of an employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
About the Company
Biotechnology – 25-50 employees
AavantiBio is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company committed to developing and commercializing novel gene transfer and gene editing therapies for the treatment of rare and ultra-rare genetic diseases. The company is rapidly building a diverse portfolio of gene transfer and gene editing therapies to target debilitating genetic diseases for which the unmet medical need is high and for which there are typically no approved therapies treating the underlying disease.
Headquartered in Cambridge, MA with an additional location in Gainesville, FL, AavantiBio is looking for exceptional individuals who share our passion for developing novel therapies to treat rare diseases and advancing the field of gene transfer therapy.
AavantiBio is committed to nondiscrimination with respect to race, creed, color, religion, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, national origin, political opinions or affiliations, genetic information, and veteran status in all aspects of employment including recruitment, hiring, promotions, transfers, discipline, terminations, wage and salary administration, benefits, and training.