Scientist II, Gene Therapy – Molecular Biology
AavantiBio, Inc. is seeking a committed, enthusiastic, and dependable cell biologist/virologist to contribute to advancing gene therapy for rare diseases. The incumbent will be part of a cross-functional team focused on the generation, characterization, and maintenance of recombinant HSV and AAV viruses. This person should have experience in tissue culture and viral work.
· Full-time position. Benefits include high-quality health insurance plans including both gold and platinum Blue Cross Blue Shield plans, for which AavantiBio pays a competitive 85% of the health insurance premiums for our employees and their families. In addition to health insurance, we have put in place flexible spending accounts and other benefits for our employees, including dental, vision, short- and long-term disability, group life insurance, AFLAC, and more. To assist our employees with their retirement planning, AavantiBio offers a safe-harbor 401(k) plan with a generous 6% company match.
Direct responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Planning and conducting experiments in a research laboratory
- Recording and analyzing data
- Presenting results to senior/other research staff
- Cell culture of multiple established mammalian cell lines.
- Generation of novel recombinant viruses, HSV and AAV.
- Amplification and infectious titer determination of rHSV vectors.
- Present experimental designs and results to various audiences at program meetings and department meetings
- Maintain organized and detailed electronic records to support internal documentation needs and regulatory submissions
- Ability to multitask and contribute to multiple projects under demanding timelines
- Work as part of a multi-site team
- Ensuring that quality standards are met
- Keeping up to date with relevant scientific and technical developments
- 3-5 years cell biology experience, familiarity with different established cell lines
- Previous experience with enveloped viruses, preferably HSV
- Experience in cell-based viral assays --- plaque assay, infectious center assay, etc.
- Experience in single-cell printing is a plus
- Master’s degree with firsthand experience in cell culture and virus handling
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of an employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
AavantiBio is committed to nondiscrimination with respect to race, creed, color, religion, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, national origin, political opinions or affiliations, genetic information, and veteran status in all aspects of employment including recruitment, hiring, promotions, transfers, discipline, terminations, wage, and salary administration, benefits, and training.