AavantiBio is looking for an experienced Controller to direct the financial operations of the company including budgeting, planning, investing, and other financial matters. This individual will report into the Chief Financial Officer and will be based in office space to be identified by the Company in the Cambridge/Boston area of Massachusetts.
Responsibilities including but not limited to:
· Coordinates AavantiBio’s financial planning, budgeting, and investment activities.
· Provides financial analyses with an emphasis on capital investments, pricing decisions, and contract negotiations.
· Oversees the preparation of periodic financial statements, activity reports, financial forecasts, and annual budgets.
· Ensures that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) or international financial reporting standards.
· Reviews financial details from past, present, and forecasted operations; identify development opportunities and improvements that can be made.
· Provides management with short- and long-term financial objectives and policies.
· Advises business units on and assists with implementation of accounting and budgeting policies.
· In connection with a potential initial public offering, confirms accuracy and oversees the filing of filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC).
· Collaborates with external auditors to provide the information needed for the annual audit.
· Maintains knowledge of organizational procedures, federal and state regulations, and accounting standards.
· Identifies and recruits positions required to effectively and efficiently operate the accounting department commensurate with the planned growth of the Company.
· Performs other related duties as assigned.
· Oversees contractors and/or employees responsible for financial reporting, accounting, billing, collections, payroll, and budget preparation.
· Implements internal control policies and procedures for all financial activities.
· Oversees employee training programs and identifies training needs.
Required Education and Experience:
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business Administration required; Master’s degree preferred.
· Ten years or more of pharmaceutical or biotech experience required.
· Ten years or more of related finance experience required; start-up experience preferred.
· Experience taking a company through an initial public offering preferred.
· CPA designation highly preferred.
· Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
· Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
The level of this position will be based on the final candidate's qualifications. Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of an employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
About the Company
Biotechnology – 15-50 employees
AavantiBio is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company committed to developing and commercializing novel gene transfer and gene editing therapies for the treatment of rare and ultra-rare genetic diseases. The company is rapidly building a diverse portfolio of gene transfer and gene editing therapies to target debilitating genetic diseases for which the unmet medical need is high and for which there are typically no approved therapies treating the underlying disease.
Headquartered in Cambridge, MA with an additional location in Gainesville, FL, AavantiBio is looking for exceptional individuals who share our passion for developing novel therapies to treat rare diseases and advancing the field of gene transfer therapy.
AavantiBio is committed to nondiscrimination with respect to race, creed, color, religion, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, national origin, political opinions or affiliations, genetic information, and veteran status in all aspects of employment including recruitment, hiring, promotions, transfers, discipline, terminations, wage and salary administration, benefits, and training.