The Scientist II is responsible for designing and executing biochemical and molecular studies to support gene therapy research programs at AavantiBio. Duties include collaborative planning, executing, troubleshooting, and assisting with other lab activities as required. The individual is expected to maintain high standards for the work they perform, including but not limited to:
· Execute, record, and organize scientific projects
· Manage projects at the experiment level.
· Draft and review technical plans, reports, and protocols, analyze and present experimental data, generate laboratory protocols.
· Maintain proper records to support regulatory filings and protection of intellectual property in accordance with relevant AavantiBio required standards.
· Ensure availability and suitability of materials and equipment to execute their assignments.
· A Bachelor’s degree with an emphasis on biology, biochemistry, chemistry
· 5 years of hands-on experience including biochemistry (immunoblot), cell/molecular biology (cell culture, cloning, PCR, animal tissues (DNA/RNA, protein extraction)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Good Documentation Practices (GDP)
· Meet physical demands associated with job functions
· Wearing appropriate PPE when working in laboratories
· Excellent communication skills, including technical writing ability
· Ability to read and interpret documents such as operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals
· Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
· Ability to speak effectively to groups of customers and employees
· Excellent organizational skills, Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
AavantiBio is committed to nondiscrimination with respect to race, creed, color, religion, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, national origin, political opinions or affiliations, genetic information, and veteran status in all aspects of employment including recruitment, hiring, promotions, transfers, discipline, terminations, wage and salary administration, benefits, and training.
About the company
11-50 employees - Biotechnology
AavantiBio is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company committed to developing and commercializing novel gene transfer and gene editing therapies for the treatment of rare and ultra-rare genetic diseases. The company is rapidly building a diverse portfolio of gene transfer and gene editing therapies to target debilitating genetic diseases for which the unmet medical need is high and for which there are typically no approved therapies treating the underlying disease.
AavantiBio is headquartered in Cambridge, MA with an additional location in Gainesville, FL. We are looking for exceptional individuals who share our passion for developing novel therapies to treat rare diseases and advancing the field of gene transfer therapy.
Developing genetic treatments for rare diseases is inspiring but challenging work and it takes dedication and courage which will make a meaningful impact on those who suffer from rare diseases. At AavantiBio, we will push each other to perform at our very best and build a company that not only our employees are proud of, but also the rare disease community, because everyone knows we are trying to make a difference in patients’ lives.
Come join our team!