Scientist III Biochemist - Cell Biologist
AavantiBio, Inc. is seeking a highly motivated bench scientist to join our growing team and advance gene therapy research programs in rare diseases. The successful candidate will design and execute primarily biochemical and cellular-based studies to support gene therapy research programs.
Full-time position with the opportunity for annual bonuses and participation in the Equity Incentive Plan. Benefits include high-quality health insurance plans including both gold and platinum Blue Cross Blue Shield plans, for which AavantiBio pays a competitive 85% of the health insurance premiums for our employees and their families. In addition to health insurance, we have put in place flexible spending accounts and other benefits for our employees, including dental, vision, short- and long-term disability, group life insurance, AFLAC, and more. To assist our employees with their retirement planning, AavantiBio offers a safe-harbor 401(k) plan with a generous 6% company match.
- Plan, develop and execute cellular, biochemical, and molecular assays for analysis of AAV-based gene therapies
- Support internal and external collaborations to increase team capabilities and address strategic needs
- Take initiative to identify and support emerging technical approaches and platforms that may drive increased value for pipeline programs
- Demonstrate initiative, teamwork, collaboration, and technical expertise as an independent and team player
- Maintain organized and detailed electronic records to support internal documentation needs and regulatory submissions
- Ability to multitask and contribute to multiple projects under demanding timelines
- Work as part of a multi-site team.
- Support and participate in R&D and project management meetings.
- Ph.D. with 5+ years’ experience in biochemistry, cell biology and molecular biology with previous experience in gene therapy drug development teams a plus
- Proven experience in biochemistry/molecular biology: DNA/RNA/protein extraction from cells and animal tissues; ELISA and immunoblotting; PCR and qPCR assays
- Proven experience in cell biology: Mammalian cell culture; Cell-based assays, especially metabolic assays
- New assay development
- AAV experience a plus
- Independently and proactively able to design and execute experiments including interpreting and presenting data.
- Excellent bench skills with attention to detail and high standards for data integrity and quality.
- Adherence to rigorous standards of good lab practices, safety, and documentation.
The level of this position will be based on the final candidate's qualifications. Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of an employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
AavantiBio is committed to nondiscrimination with respect to race, creed, color, religion, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, and expression, marital status, national origin, political opinions or affiliations, genetic information, and veteran status in all aspects of employment including recruitment, hiring, promotions, transfers, discipline, terminations, wage and salary administration, benefits, and training.
About the company
11-50 employees - Biotechnology
AavantiBio is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company committed to developing and commercializing novel gene transfer and gene editing therapies for the treatment of rare and ultra-rare genetic diseases. The company is rapidly building a diverse portfolio of gene transfer and gene editing therapies to target debilitating genetic diseases for which the unmet medical need is high and for which there are typically no approved therapies treating the underlying disease.
AavantiBio is headquartered in Cambridge, MA with an additional location in Gainesville, FL. We are looking for exceptional individuals who share our passion for developing novel therapies to treat rare diseases and advancing the field of gene transfer therapy.
Developing genetic treatments for rare diseases is inspiring but challenging work and it takes dedication and courage which will make a meaningful impact on those who suffer from rare diseases. At AavantiBio, we will push each other to perform at our very best and build a company that not only our employees are proud of, but also the rare disease community, because everyone knows we are trying to make a difference in patients’ lives.
Come join our team!