Lab Technician I
The Lab Technician I will be responsible for providing the support needed for efficient operations in all of the Process Development laboratories. The position will support but is not limited to, all aspects of laboratory work material management, data entry for procurement, and inventory tracking, maintaining strict inventory records, preparation of commonly used reagents, and aiding in operations and experiments.
· Full-time position. Benefits include high-quality health insurance plans including both gold and platinum Blue Cross Blue Shield plans, for which AavantiBio pays a competitive 85% of the health insurance premiums for our employees and their families. In addition to health insurance, we have put in place flexible spending accounts and other benefits for our employees, including dental, vision, short- and long-term disability, group life insurance, AFLAC, and more. To assist our employees with their retirement planning, AavantiBio offers a safe-harbor 401(k) plan with a generous 6% company match.
● Data entry for procurement and inventory tracking
● Material Management
● Performing daily tasks such as calibration and function checks of lab equipment
● Maintaining inventory and records of supplies, materials, and equipment
● Ensure the laboratory, equipment, and materials are in an orderly, clean, and safe condition at all times
● Cleaning and maintenance of equipment and the laboratory facility
● Follow Good Documentation Practices (GDP) in records and logbooks
● Follow Good Laboratory Practices (GLP)
● Proper disposal of chemical and biohazard waste
● Adherence to all safety and quality control requirements and documentation as specified in company SOPs
● Operation and calibration of microscopes, balances, centrifuges, and other laboratory equipment
● Distribution of material and supplies from storage areas, production room, and shipping and receiving
● Provide support for laboratory operations and experiments
● Washing and sterilizing laboratory glassware, plasticware, and biohazardous waste
● Other duties as assigned
● High school diploma or equivalent
● 1 year of related experience is a plus
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
● Move and manipulate objects weighing up to 25 pounds.
● Be able to verbally communicate and understand team members.
● Have coordination to perform actions that require fine tactile strength.
● Ability to see objects up close for inspection.
● Computer and typing skills
● Ability to work in a team
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of an employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
AavantiBio is committed to nondiscrimination with respect to race, creed, color, religion, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, and expression, marital status, national origin, political opinions or affiliations, genetic information, and veteran status in all aspects of employment including recruitment, hiring, promotions, transfers, discipline, terminations, wage and salary administration, benefits, and training.