Silectis helps companies simplify data engineering. Magpie, our managed data lake platform, provides the security, data integration, and data exploration tools companies need to build an end-to-end advanced, big data analytics capability. Our user-centered tools lets teams get up to speed quickly. Leveraging SQL and a few simple Magpie commands, data engineers can start integrating data from source systems, building data structures, and scheduling data pipelines right away.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As a lead front-end engineer at Silectis, you will work on our core data engineering platform, Magpie. You will lead development efforts on the front-end user interface, including our custom data engineering notebook and monitoring dashboards. You will also collaborate with our customer team to identify opportunities to improve the Magpie interface and build out new capabilities to meet customer needs.
This is a full-time position, currently remote, with the intention to return to an office in Washington, DC in the future.
- You're excited about working on intellectually demanding problems.
- You're eager to work in a collaborative, team environment, and participate in the full lifecycle of building a product or feature, including architecture, design, development and testing.
- You're a team player who's excited about doing a wide variety of work, especially early on as we build out our team. This could include working on Magpie, working on a specific customer solution, or building infrastructure and automation to make the team more efficient.
- You have a strong understanding of the fundamentals of software design, algorithms, and data structures, and a keen interest in expanding your skills and helping others do the same.
- As one of the early members of the team, you will have the opportunity to help shape the organization.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 6 to 10 years of experience in a software engineering role
- Experience building enterprise web applications
- Experience leading development of web applications
- Background in Spark or other large-scale data processing frameworks (MapReduce, Flink, etc.)
- Experience with notebook-style data science and data engineering tools
- Experience programming or scripting in Scala or Python
- Experience in a cloud environment (AWS, Google Cloud, Azure) and the ability to do some light admin (e.g., spin up instances, script against the CLI)
First and foremost, Silectis is geared toward building out a dedicated, sharp, and inquisitive team with unique experiences and diverse backgrounds. mates who want to build a great engineering organization and a great company. So, even if you don’t meet all the qualifications listed above, or if you know there are areas where you will need to come up to speed, we would encourage you to reach out to us.