Silectis helps companies simplify data engineering. Magpie, our managed data lake platform, provides the security, data integration, and data exploration tools companies need to build an end-to-end advanced, big data analytics capability. Our user-centered tools lets teams get up to speed quickly. Leveraging SQL and a few simple Magpie commands, data engineers can start integrating data from source systems, building data structures, and scheduling data pipelines right away.
We are looking for a strong team leader who wants to engage directly with customers and stay hands on doing technical work, while helping to build a data engineering team. You will be getting first-hand experience creating value using our platform and bring back insights that will shape the platform to better meet customers’ needs. You will be responsible for leading Silectis team members on engagements and helping to build the processes that will allow us to accelerate delivery for customers.
This is a full-time position, currently remote, with the intention to return to an office in Washington, DC in the future.
- Lead Silectis teams on consulting engagements building solutions around our data management and analytics platform, Magpie.
- Be a player/coach who still gets hands on in customer implementations while providing leadership for teammates.
- Engage with customer leadership to understand requirements and identify success criteria for Magpie implementations.
- Scope work and write statements of work for professional services engagements.
- Build our professional services and customer success capabilities as we scale the business.
- Mentor and develop Silectis Data Engineering team members.
- 8 years of experience as a data engineer or data architect.
- At least 4 years of experience as a team lead or manager.
- Ability to architect end to end solutions for big data and analytics.
- Experience doing project estimation and building budgets for technology projects.
- Experience writing proposals and statements of work for consulting engagements.
- Deep experience designing data models, particularly for analytics.
- Expert-level SQL skills.
- Significant programming experience with at least one additional language, preferably Python, Scala, or R.
- Hands on experience with at least one of the major cloud providers (AWS, GCP, or Azure).
- Experience with Apache Spark is preferred, but not required.
First and foremost, Silectis is geared toward building out a dedicated, sharp, and inquisitive team with unique experiences and diverse backgrounds, who want to build a great engineering organization and a great company. So, even if you don’t meet all the qualifications listed above, or if you know there are areas where you will need to come up to speed, we would encourage you to apply.