At ACELYRIN, INC. the patient is at the center of our culture and our business. We are guided by our values of courage, compassion, collaboration, innovation, and a sense of urgency. Our key value of courageous caring means putting patients first and having the courage needed to quickly solve challenging issues, we strive to redefine what is possible and quickly bring innovative therapies to bear against serious diseases.
Location: Mixture of remote/Office in LA or SF Bay Area
Job Title: Sr. Accountant
Reports To: Sr Manager, Accounting
Job Type: Professional
The Sr. Accountant will be responsible for providing accounting support to accounting supervisors or other senior managers within the department. This position will assist with all accounting functions, month-end close, year-end close, annual audit, and other accounting duties as needed.
- Responsible for full accounts payable cycle, which can include PO two-way matching, help resolve invoice discrepancies, and maintain vendor files, issue payments
- Responsible for IRS 1099 compliance and reporting
- Review and approve the purchase requisitions to ensure the budget codes are appropriate for the item/service(s) purchased
- Manage vendor relations and build effective partnerships
- Work closely with all internal departments to help assist and create Purchase Orders.
- Work closely with legal team to ensure all executed contracts are assigned a Purchase Order.
- Process all employees expense reports
- Prepare journal entries, reconciliation schedules, etc.
- Maintain the Fixed Asset and Depreciation schedules
- Maintain other accounting schedules, analysis, reconciliations, etc. as needed
- Assist with quarterly and annual audits, surveys, gov’t and other reporting requirements
- Participate in other ad-hoc projects and analyses as needed.
Qualifications and Skills Required:
- Bachelor’s degree required, CPA license required
- A minimum of three (3) years of professional experience working with fast growing companies.
- Past experience working in the BioTech industry a plus
- Proficient in Excel and the Microsoft Office suite of products
- Ability to maintain a flexible work schedule during monthly, quarterly, and year-end closings
- Must have experience working with NetSuite
- Excellent understanding of US GAAP
- Experience working for a public company a plus
- Excellent communication and administrative skills
- Exceptional organization and time management skills
- Ability to meet all assigned deadlines
- Attention to detail and ability to multi-task is an asset
- Experience with tracking credit card transactions a plus
Essential behaviors and ways of working:
· Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
· Well organized and detail oriented; disciplined approach to process-based tasks
· Continuous improvement mindset
· Curiosity to understand the big picture and business context
· Eager to grow and advance to roles of greater responsibility over time
ACELYRIN, INC, does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. It is our intention that all qualified applications are given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors. Any individual, who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing this application or at any time during the application process, should contact the Human Resources Department.