Arevon Energy, Inc. is a leading renewable energy company, supplying clean energy to utilities and corporations across North America. Headquartered in Scottsdale, Ariz., and New York City, Arevon uses innovative approaches and leading-edge technology to finance and manage projects from development through construction to long-term commercial operation. Its financial prowess and industry expertise come together to improve the structure and performance of its platform of wind, solar, and energy storage power plants. Arevon was named one of Arizona’s Top Workplaces in 2022. For more information, please visit: www.arevonenergy.com
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are central to everything we do. Arevon thrives on and celebrates different views, beliefs, and values. We are committed to our talented team and partners, regardless of background or affiliation, and to actively promoting diversity, equity, and inclusion throughout our business. We strive to be a place where you can be you and bring yourself to work.
Arevon is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to affirmative action planning and encourages diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran or marital status.
AREVON is recruiting for the position of BESS Performance Engineer, an outstanding opportunity for individuals seeking an exciting, high-growth work environment in one of the most important industries for the 21st century. Our company culture is one where teamwork, adaptability, continuous improvement, achievement of results, and willingness to grow are our core values. The successful candidate will have a superior academic background at a high caliber institution, having exceeded in Engineering or a Mathematical Science Discipline. In addition to superior academic performance, candidates must have enthusiasm for renewable energy.
The BESS Performance Engineer will be responsible for supporting design optimization, and project development, as well as on-going performance optimization for a fleet of PV and BESS assets throughout the USA. The role will be part of the Development and Construction team and will report directly to the Principal Performance Engineer. At a high level, the BESS Performance Engineer will be responsible for maximizing the probability of project performance meeting or exceeding expectations while optimizing project value for BESS projects between the early-stage development and commercial operations phases.
Essential Responsibilities & Duties
This position will perform a wide range of performance engineering duties including:
- Create tools and standards for modeling and evaluating future BESS assets.
- Create diligence and technical standards to support BESS equipment procurement
- Create and document technical operational strategy energy estimates for BESS development assets
- Perform analyses to evaluate the uncertainty of BESS performance models
- Participate in preconstruction design and optimization of BESS assets
- Review and redline technical contract documents for BESS assets
- Aid in the technical due-diligence process for potential acquisitions
- Review technical documents and acceptance test results and compare to contractual standards
- Validate actual BESS performance against base case finance assumptions.
- Support Project Development team and subcontractors to review / optimize project subsystem designs
- Support the development of technical performance contract language for EPC agreements.
- Support discussions with EOR, OE, and IE throughout the project lifecycle per the best interests of Arevon.
- Combination of 3 year of relevant work experience in engineering, physics, or statistical modeling or other relevant mathematical sciences required
- Familiarity with technical aspects of utility-scale BESS systems is required
- Proven track record of working well within a team environment, taking ownership of processes and procedures, experience in shared services center environment is helpful
- Excellent interpersonal skills, highly motivated and results oriented, process oriented with strong organizational and communication skills
- Proficient on MS Word, Excel, Power Point, SQL, etc.
- Familiarity with software languages and data analysis platforms (Python, VBA, C++, Matlab, Power BI, Pentaho, Plateau, etc) is a plus
- Master’s degree in an Engineering or Mathematical Sciences required
- 3 years of broad-based engineering and / or Data Science experience
- Prior experience with Renewable Energy performance modelling and monitoring systems preferred
Please submit cover letter and resumes or inquiries to Arevon Energy, Inc. attn:
Emma Steiger Recruiter email@example.com