Arevon Energy, Inc. is a leading renewable energy company, supplying clean energy to utilities and corporations across North America. Headquartered in Scottsdale, Ariz., and New York City, Arevon uses innovative approaches and leading-edge technology to finance and manage projects from development through construction to long-term commercial operation. Its financial prowess and industry expertise come together to improve the structure and performance of its platform of wind, solar, and energy storage power plants. Arevon was named one of Arizona’s Top Workplaces in 2022. For more information, please visit: www.arevonenergy.com
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are central to everything we do. Arevon thrives on and celebrates different views, beliefs, and values. We are committed to our talented team and partners, regardless of background or affiliation, and to actively promoting diversity, equity, and inclusion throughout our business. We strive to be a place where you can be you and bring yourself to work.
Arevon is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to affirmative action planning and encourages diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran or marital status.
AREVON is recruiting for the position of Manager, Innovation & Technology, an outstanding opportunity for individuals seeking an exciting, high-growth work environment in one of the most important industries for the 21st century. Our company culture is one where teamwork, adaptability, continuous improvement, achievement of results, and willingness to grow are our core values. The successful candidate will have a superior academic background at a high caliber institution, having exceeded in Engineering or a Mathematical Science Discipline. In addition to superior academic performance, candidates must have enthusiasm for renewable energy.
The Manager, Innovation & Technology will be responsible for managing the identification and implementation of new technologies and lead repowering efforts within Arevon’s operating fleet. The role will be part of the Asset Management and Operations team and will report directly to the Director of Operations. The Manager, Innovation & Technology will work diligently to maximize system output by coordinating with various teams within Arevon, including but not limited to, the Performance Engineering team, Asset Management team, Procurement team, and others.
Essential Responsibilities & Duties
This position will manage a wide range of duties including:
· Identify potential emerging technologies intended to maximize Wind, PV & BESS system performance
· Lead due diligence of emerging technologies by reviewing technical documentation
· Design and manage pilot tests of new technologies alongside the Performance Engineering team to support further engineering and financial analysis
· Project Manage 3rd party vendors during implementation and/or installation of new technologies
· Perform analysis in collaboration with Performance Engineering team on current fleet to identify repowering opportunities
· Project Manage 3rd party vendors during implementation and/or installation of repowering projects
· Solicit proposals from EPC’s and 3rd party vendors for equipment repowering opportunities
· Develop procedures to standardize engineering and testing requirements for new technologies
· Lead and/or coordinate engineering designs necessary for repowering opportunities
· Coordinate with Procurement team to facilitate commercial negotiations with 3rd party vendors
· Document, review, and report on performance improvements identified by the Innovation & Technology team on a regular basis
· Lead team of SME engineers to support maximizing power plant availability and provide support to various teams within Arevon when necessary
· Other responsibilities as deemed appropriate by the Director of Operations
· At least 5 years of relevant work experience in engineering, physics, statistical modeling or other relevant mathematical sciences
· At least 3 years of experience with renewable energy performance modelling and monitoring systems.
· Familiarity with industry standard PV modeling software (i.e. PVSyst, PlantPredict, Helioscope, Fractal)
· Experience with reliability and/or product engineering for PV and BESS plants
· Proven track record of working well within a team environment, taking ownership of processes and procedures, and working to collectively improve efficiency
· Excellent interpersonal skills, highly motivated and results oriented, process oriented with strong organizational and communication skills
· Proficient on MS Word, Excel, Power Point, SQL, etc.
· Familiarity with software languages and data analysis platforms (Python, VBA, C++, Matlab, Power BI, Pentaho, Plateau, etc) is a plus
Bachelor’s degree in an Engineering or Mathematical Science required (Master’s is a plus)
If you feel your background and experience meets the job requirements above, we'd love to hear from you. Please complete the easy form application or follow the link below: