Portfolio Finance Associate – RENEWABLE ENERGY
Headquartered in Scottsdale, Ariz., and New York City, Arevon Energy, Inc. (“AREVON”) is a leading independent producer of utility-scale renewable power across the United States. The company owns and operates over 160 generation facilities with a total enterprise value of over $12B. With a team of over nearly 150 people and a very strong investor base, the company continues to grow rapidly through both development and M&A activities. As the US power generation fleet goes through the transition to renewable sources of generation and storage, AREVON is positioned to continue to lead that transition.
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are central to everything we do. Arevon thrives on and celebrates different views, beliefs, and values. We are committed to our talented team and partners, regardless of background or affiliation, and to actively promoting diversity, equity, and inclusion throughout our business. We strive to be a place where you can be you and bring yourself to work.
Arevon is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to affirmative action planning and encourages diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran or marital status.
AREVON is recruiting for the position of Associate on the Portfolio Finance team, an outstanding opportunity for individuals seeking an exciting, high-growth work environment in one of the most important industries for the 21st century.
The Portfolio Associate will play an integral part in supporting financing activities with the Project Finance and Corporate Finance teams. This role is highly collaborative throughout Arevon to coordinate and understand requests regarding development, construction and operating assumptions for ongoing financings. The Associate is responsible for due diligence, consultant reports, third-party documentation/approvals and financial model updates that are crucial for transactions. They will also be responsible for tracking corporate financing exposure and project security requirements/requests. This position will have an opportunity to assist in key financing activities including debt/equity fundings, term conversions, and tax equity restructuring. The job is located in Scottsdale, AZ.
Essential Responsibilities & Duties
· Support and help lead financing activities including capital raises, debt term conversions, refinancings, tax equity partnership restructuring and asset divestitures.
· Manage financial tracking models and support internal / external modelling requests Coordinate due diligence logs, consultant reports and third-party documentation requests.
· Collaborate across internal teams including Development & Construction, Engineering, and Asset Management to manage ongoing financing requirements.
· Manage corporate financing capital exposure files and track security requests, guaranties, and transaction timing.
· Review amendments for material project documents and coordinate with financing parties for approval and consent.
· Help maintain relationships with financial investors and portfolio teams during construction and operations.
· 3-6 Years Experience in the Renewable Energy Industry, Utilities Sector or Portfolio Finance.
· Proven track record of working well within a team environment, taking ownership of processes and procedures.
· Excellent interpersonal skills, highly motivated and results oriented, process oriented with strong organizational and communication skills.
· Attention to detail and the ability to set and meet realistic deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
· Excellent discretion in handling confidential information and in communicating with third parties.
· Understanding of tax-equity structures and partnership tax principles or experience with distributed generation projects is a plus.
· Proficient on MS Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint, etc.
· At a minimum, Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting or Engineering; Post-graduate degree or CFA is a plus
If you feel your background and experience meets the job requirements above, we'd love to hear from you. Please complete the easy form application or follow the link below: