Arevon Energy, Inc. is a leading renewable energy company, supplying clean energy to utilities and corporations across North America. Headquartered in Scottsdale, Ariz., and New York City, Arevon uses innovative approaches and leading-edge technology to finance and manage projects from development through construction to long-term commercial operation. Its financial prowess and industry expertise come together to improve the structure and performance of its platform of wind, solar, and energy storage power plants. Arevon was named one of Arizona’s Top Workplaces in 2022. For more information, please visit: www.arevonenergy.com
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are central to everything we do. Arevon thrives on and celebrates different views, beliefs, and values. We are committed to our talented team and partners, regardless of background or affiliation, and to actively promoting diversity, equity, and inclusion throughout our business. We strive to be a place where you can be you and bring yourself to work.
Arevon is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to affirmative action planning and encourages diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran or marital status.
Arevon is recruiting for the position of Transmission Analyst / Energy Market Analyst, an outstanding opportunity for individuals seeking an exciting, high-growth work environment in one of the most important industries for the 21st century. This position is in Scottsdale, AZ. Job Description This critical hire will be a part of the Arevon Interconnection team and will report to the Director of Interconnection. The successful candidate is expected to perform transmission-related analyses of energy markets across the US, have familiarity and experience with PROMOD or similar software and other market models, and developing and maintaining the market models and their data.
• Develop study cases to include appropriate interconnection generators, transmission upgrades and outages.
• Perform energy market forecasting and analysis, basis study using production cost and power flow models for projects interconnecting primarily in PJM, MISO, CAISO.
• Analyze market trends in capacity, energy, and ancillary service markets.
• Work with Commercial and Finance teams to evaluate the transmission risks.
• Assist in preparing responses to RFPs for new tenders/bids. • Oversee and validate Consultant’s work for production cost modeling and analysis.
• Support the Commercial team, Project Engineers team and Project Managers through Engineering design, construction, and commissioning deliverables.
• Stay up to date on all relevant new and upcoming technologies and policies at ISOs/RTOs.
• 1-3 years as an Energy Market Analyst within the renewable industry, utility or RTO/ISO.
• Detailed knowledge of the Interconnection and operations at Utilities, ISOs/RTOs and Transmission Providers.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills with External and internal Customers, Subcontractors, Vendors.
• Strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making abilities • Proficient within Microsoft Office products.
• BS in Engineering or similar field from an accredited university.
• Electrical Engineering is preferred.
• PROMOD, Probe, UPLAN or similar software.
If you feel your background and experience meets the job requirements above, we'd love to hear from you. Please complete the easy form application or follow the link below: