Finance & Investing Associate – RENEWABLE ENERGY
Headquartered in Scottsdale, Ariz., and New York City, Arevon Energy, Inc. (“AREVON”) is a leading independent producer of utility-scale renewable power across the United States. The company owns and operates over 160 generation facilities with a total enterprise value of over $12B. With a team of over nearly 150 people and a very strong investor base, the company continues to grow rapidly through both development and M&A activities. As the US power generation fleet goes through the transition to renewable sources of generation and storage, AREVON is positioned to continue to lead that transition.
AREVON is recruiting for the position of Associate on the Finance & Investing team, an outstanding opportunity for individuals seeking an exciting, high-growth work environment in one of the most important industries for the 21st century. Job Description The Finance & Investing Associate will play an integral part in deploying capital commitments from Arevon’s institutional investors and optimizing the capital structure for that equity deployment through tax equity and debt project financings. The Associate will be responsible for managing the financial modeling, due diligence, and market research for infrastructure asset acquisitions, company acquisitions or investments, and project financing transactions. This role spans across the Investment, Project Finance, and Strategic Finance teams, providing support and analysis to optimize everything from new and existing investments to high level company economics. This position will collaborate with other teams throughout Arevon to develop and understand development, construction and operating assumptions for both new investment opportunities, as well as portfolio assets. The position directly supports the growth of the company by screening new investment opportunities and analyzing investment strategies for the business. The Associate will also work to support the growth of the company by screening and underwriting new buyside investment opportunities and working with the Origination team to price and submit offtake opportunities on development-stage projects. The job is located in New York, NY.
Essential Responsibilities & Duties
• Develop and manage financial models analyzing the economics and risks associated with potential acquisitions, company investments, and project financing structures
• Support transactions across the Investment, Project Finance and Strategic Finance teams.
• Create investment memos detailing market analysis and returns sensitivities for potential project and portfolio acquisitions. Communicate results and recommendations to the management team.
• Support third party capital raises, including debt, tax equity, refinancings and project equity structures that allow the company to efficiently finance projects and optimize returns.
• Collaborate across internal teams including Development & Construction, Engineering, and Asset Management to develop underwriting assumptions. • Manage due diligence and third-party consultant reports. Coordinate directly with external parties.
• Support the growth of the development pipeline by working with the Origination team to determine competitive bid pricing based on project assumptions, capital structures and market dynamics.
• Review purchase agreements, operating agreements, financing agreements, and offtake agreements and contract support negotiations. Experience Requirements
• 2-5 Years’ Experience in the Renewable Energy Industry, Utilities Sector or Banking.
• Demonstrated financial acumen and experience developing and building complex financial models using Microsoft Excel.
• Creative thought process with new products or financial structures to enhance value; Critical thinking ability to solve complex problems.
• Proven track record of working well within a team environment, taking ownership of processes and procedures.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, highly motivated and results oriented, process oriented with strong organizational and communication skills.
• Attention to detail and the ability to set and meet realistic deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
• Proficient on MS Word, Access, PowerPoint, etc.
• Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel
• At a minimum, Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting or Engineering; Post-graduate degree or CFA is a plus
If you feel your background and experience meets the job requirements above, we'd love to hear from you. Please complete the easy form application or follow the link below: