Join a community of like-minded adventurers on our mission to galvanize a global membership of outdoor enthusiasts that care about their personal growth and the planet. Gravity Haus Vail (formerly Vail Mountain Lodge) is set to re-open on December 18th with Vail's hottest new food and beverage program, brand new lobby and modern hotel rooms.
We offer a strong incentive program towards one of the following options: ski pass, wellness program, parking or bus pass in addition to an Employee Gravity Haus Membership that includes discounts across our divisions, select partners and fitness membership. Employee housing is available for full time positions.
We are looking for a Chief Engineer leader to join our team of genuine hospitality professionals.
Some of the responsibilities are as follow:
- Familiar and complies with the hotels mission and standards in performing maintenance activities.
- Maximize maintenance team potential with a balanced focus on operations, guests, employee and owners satisfaction.
- Represents the engineering department during the daily meetings.
- Prioritize, plan, schedule, assign and supervise the engineering department staff.
- Oversee the maintenance tasks, work orders and special projects ensuring timely and accurate completion.
- Respond to guest's maintenance needs promptly and ensure guests receive professional, efficient prompt and courteous service.
- Maintain the physical appearance and operational efficiency of the hotel including physical. mechanical, electrical, plumbing, hot tubs, etc.
- Perform the pre arrival daily inspections for hotel rooms and condominiums.
- Ensure the proper use and periodic maintenance of all equipment.
- Perform daily and weekly property document inspections.
- Develop, implement and direct all emergency programs, energy conservation programs for the property to minimize expenses.
- Oversee the maintenance staff and split the time in between office and more of a hands on setting.
- In charge of payroll, annual team reviews, hiring, training, coaching and disciplinary actions.
- Work towards driving revenue across the Gravity Haus family.
- Participate in company meetings.
- A Gravity Haus Ambassador with an active part in our mission and vision.
- Provide a genuine and elevated guest experience with a community focus, sustainable approach and driven attitude.