WHO WE ARE
We are an integrated genetic medicines company developing targeted, disease-modifying medicines for patients with life-limiting respiratory diseases. Our treatments address the underlying genetic cause in underserved populations and have the potential to tremendously impact the quality and length of patients’ lives.
At ReCode, we bring a unique blend of rigor, creativity, and curiosity to our high-hurdle mission: harnessing our multi-platform approach to develop disease-modifying medicines. Our team is uniquely positioned to tackle this challenge, given our extensive experience in RNA delivery technologies, protein structure, tRNA biology, mRNA manufacturing, gene editing, and drug development.
Research Associate will help to support the lipid nanoparticle (LNP) formulation process and produce LNP-encapsulated gene cargos to support company’s in vitro and in vivo pre-clinical studies. In addition, the successful candidate will support the execution of characterization assays LNP batches. The ideal candidate will be proactive, enthusiastic, and show a passion for process development. The applicant should have strong communication and collaboration skills, along with a strong background in formulation process development and in LNP characterization.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Production of LNP-encapsulated RNA to support ReCode’s in vitro and in vivo pre-clinical studies.
- LNP formulation assessment assays and analytical characterization of produced LNP batches.
- Responsible for executing or supporting experiments to meet agreed upon deliverables and timelines.
- Optimize existing formulation methods and processes and generate standard operating procedures (SOPs) and test method documents.
- Maintain thorough and detailed electronic lab notebooks and documentation records.
- Support and participate in R&D and project management meetings. Prepare PowerPoint slides and present your findings to multi-disciplinary teams.
- Work with the team to assist with sample disposition and tracking.
- Adhere to all laboratory safety requirements and procedures.
- Assist in maintaining general laboratory functionality and lab equipment.
- Assist in ordering and receiving of lab supplies.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING TO THE TABLE
- B.S. or M.S. with laboratory experience (ideally in organic chemical synthesis, nanoparticles, formulation development, nucleic acids, drug delivery, in vitro / in vivo assays)
- Foundation in chemistry, materials science, bio-engineering, chemical engineering, or related field
- Strong written and oral communication skills, comfort with a "start-up environment"
ReCode Therapeutics (www.recodetx.com) offers a competitive compensation/benefits package with a friendly, collaborative culture that values employee engagement and ongoing career development. ReCode Therapeutics is an Equal Opportunity Employer.