Who we are
We are an integrated genetic medicines company developing targeted, disease-modifying medicines for patients with life-limiting respiratory diseases. Our treatments address the underlying genetic cause in underserved populations and have the potential to tremendously impact the quality and length of patients’ lives.
At ReCode, we bring a unique blend of rigor, creativity, and curiosity to our high-hurdle mission: harnessing our multi-platform approach to develop disease-modifying medicines. Our team is uniquely positioned to tackle this challenge, given our extensive experience in RNA delivery technologies, protein structure, tRNA biology, mRNA manufacturing, gene editing, and drug development.
The Scientist will design, plan and execute experiments focusing on protein detection. The Scientist will be responsible for investigating the feasibility of applying a wide variety of scientific principles and concepts to properly identify and distinguish different cell types expression low levels of target protein.
- Plan studies, execute studies, analyze data, troubleshoot and document according to best scientific practices.
- Design studies to assess cell tropism and biodistribution from primary cell cultures and animal tissues.
- Interact cross-functionally and across the enterprise, as well as manage multiple projects to ensure project timelines are met.
- May be responsible for RNA in situ hybridization
- PhD in Biology, Molecular Biology, Immunology or other related field
- 2 to 5 years of experience in the life science industry
- Extensive experience running flow cytometry and IF (immunofluorescence)
- Experience with IHC (Immunohistochemistry) is a plus
- Experience with cell sorting is a plus
- Must be able to function independently with exceptional critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Creativity and the ability to work within an interdisciplinary team in order to achieve technical and corporate milestones
- Comfortable working in a small team environment
- Ability to manage complexity and ambiguity in a highly matrixed work environment
ReCode Therapeutics (www.recodetx.com) offers a competitive compensation/benefits with a friendly, collaborative culture that values employee engagement and ongoing career development. ReCode Therapeutics is an Equal Opportunity Employer.