SENIOR MANAGER, SUPPLY CHAIN
We are an integrated genetic medicines company developing targeted, disease-modifying medicines for patients with life-limiting respiratory diseases. Our treatments address the underlying genetic cause in underserved populations and have the potential to tremendously impact the quality and length of patients’ lives.
At ReCode, we bring a unique blend of rigor, creativity, and curiosity to our high-hurdle mission: harnessing our multi-platform approach to develop disease-modifying medicines. Our team is uniquely positioned to tackle this challenge, given our extensive experience in RNA delivery technologies, protein structure, tRNA biology, mRNA manufacturing, gene editing, and drug development.
The Senior Manager, Supply Chain will be primarily responsible for managing robust and effective supply chains for the development of ReCode’s therapeutic products. The Senior Manager, Supply Chain will be responsible for material planning, materials management, inventory control, product tracking, product storage, labeling, distribution, shipping/receiving, and logistics, including material movement across international borders
HERE’S SOME OF WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Plan, coordinate, and track all aspects of domestic and international shipment of R&D, GMP materials with R&D sites, CDMOs and clinical sites. Manage inventory of materials including operating supplies, raw materials, components, work in process, finished goods, storage and stability, equipment and maintenance supplies.
- Collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders to select, establish contracts with and oversee external development and manufacturing partners and suppliers. Support contract negotiations and completion of commercial supply agreements and related contracts with requisite partners. Coordinate purchasing activities with internal departments to maintain inventories at planned levels.
- Leverage understanding of third-party logistics, vendors, export/import requirements, packaging & labeling, testing on import, tariffs, taxes (including VAT tax) and licensing /permit requirements for any cross-border shipments, and regulations both in establishment and support of supply chains across development, manufacturing, and commercialization.
- Optimize supply chains for quality, compliance, timelines, and overall cost while minimizing risk for the final stages of development, manufacturing, and commercialization.
- Schedule, execute, and track domestic and international shipments associated with DS, DP, and laboratory samples. Ensure that all needed studies are performed to support global shipping requirements and release of material in desired markets. Prepare and oversee proper shipping documentation (commercial invoices, end use letters, etc.) required for shipment of GMP materials. Resolve logistics issues with freight forwarders and customs brokers to enable effective import/export of materials.
- Manage materials release process and communicate all shortages. Conduct investigation and root cause analyses on any supply disruptions or material quality issues and report on corrective actions. Manage deviations and corrective/preventive actions as well as change controls.
- Partner with internal stakeholders to develop best practices to ensure that all activities at external vendors are performed in compliance with Quality and EHS standards.
- Track and report metrics for the supply chain function.
HERE’S WHAT YOU’LL BRING TO THE TABLE
- Bachelor's degree with 7+ years of experience in the pharmaceutical/and or biotechnology industry in a supply chain role.
- Experience in product launch and commercial CMC aspects of drug development e.g. Supply Chain, Validation, shipping studies, import/export requirements, tariffs, etc.
- Proven success in applying operations strategy, outsourcing, supply planning, materials management, GMP manufacturing, and logistics experience to guide biologics programs through clinical development and commercialization.
- Broad knowledge of CMO/CDMO, 3PL and distribution landscape required.
- Knowledge of operational excellence and continuous improvement principles as applied to supply chain and manufacturing operations principles needed.
- Must have demonstrated business experience establishing contract manufacturing and services agreements and managing external manufacturing partners and suppliers.
- Strong negotiation skills, broad understanding of business/financial acumen, excellent written/verbal communication, and effective problem-solving skills.
- Prior success working collaboratively with internal team/stake holders.
ReCode Therapeutics (www.recodetx.com) offers a competitive compensation/benefits with a friendly, collaborative culture that values employee engagement and ongoing career development. ReCode Therapeutics is an Equal Opportunity Employer.