SCIENTIST, IN VIVO PHARMACOLOGY
We are an integrated genetic medicines company developing targeted, disease-modifying medicines for patients with life-limiting respiratory diseases. Our treatments address the underlying genetic cause in underserved populations and have the potential to tremendously impact the quality and length of patients’ lives.
At ReCode, we bring a unique blend of rigor, creativity, and curiosity to our high-hurdle mission: harnessing our multi-platform approach to develop disease-modifying medicines. Our team is uniquely positioned to tackle this challenge, given our extensive experience in RNA delivery technologies, protein structure, tRNA biology, mRNA manufacturing, gene editing, and drug development.
The Scientist/Sr. Scientist will support drug discovery of novel inhaled therapeutics for the treatment of various lung diseases. The successful candidate will have an expertise in pre-clinical inhaled delivery systems, preferably with a background in pulmonary disease, an understanding of the pathophysiology of pulmonary disease and the ability to manage their work independently. The primary responsibility of the Scientist/Sr. Scientist will provide scientific and technical support for conducting research involving in vivo inhaled preclinical studies with the goal of progressing novel drug candidates into clinical development and beyond. The qualified Scientist needs to independently plan and execute in vivo experiments, to develop and follow protocols, document data, troubleshoot problems, interpret data and communicate results, and maintains state-of-the-art knowledge in the inhaled delivery area.
HERE’S SOME OF WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Scientific leadership, study planning, hands-on study execution, analysis, troubleshooting and documentation according to best business practices.
- Plan and carry out in vivo experiments on approved protocols that involve collecting and analyzing data.
- Design studies to assess acute and chronic toxicological effects of aerosol treatments in vivo, employing rodent and non-rodent model’s plan.
- Lead and execute in vivo experiments on approved protocols that involve collecting and analyzing data.
- Interact cross-functionally and across the enterprise, as well as manage multiple projects to ensure project timelines are met.
- The individual will manage studies performed at CROs, evaluate the resulting data, develop technical documents and assist with the preparation and/or review of information supporting regulatory submissions.
- Lead effort for writing IACUC protocols.
HERE’S WHAT YOU’LL BRING TO THE TABLE
· PhD in Pharmacology, Immunology or Biology or another related field.
· 3+ years of experience in the life science industry.
· Experience with acute or chronic models of inhalation exposure in rodent and non-rodent systems. Experience with bronchial/tracheal/ciliated cell systems is preferred.
· Direct experience with aerosol toxicology and delivery, intranasal dosing, bronchoalveolar lavage and in vivo imaging and modeling is preferable.
· Experience and proficient in rodent in vivo handling.
· Candidate is expected to be proficient in rodent handling skills
· Extensive experience with in vivo pharmacology/toxicology
· Independent scientist with exceptional critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
· Creativity and the ability to lead and/or work within an interdisciplinary team in order to achieve technical and corporate milestones.
· Comfortable working in a small team environment.
· Team player willing to pitch in where needed.
· Ability to manage complexity and ambiguity in a highly matrixed work environment.
· Experience and strong capabilities in managing, developing, and mentoring junior scientists and research associates.
ReCode Therapeutics (www.recodetx.com) offers a competitive compensation/benefits friendly, collaborative culture that values employee engagement and ongoing career development. ReCode Therapeutics is an Equal Opportunity Employer.