We are an integrated genetic medicines company developing targeted, disease-modifying medicines for patients with life-limiting respiratory diseases. Our treatments address the underlying genetic cause in underserved populations and have the potential to tremendously impact the quality and length of patients’ lives.
At ReCode, we bring a unique blend of rigor, creativity, and curiosity to our high-hurdle mission: harnessing our multi-platform approach to develop disease-modifying medicines. Our team is uniquely positioned to tackle this challenge, given our extensive experience in RNA delivery technologies, protein structure, tRNA biology, mRNA manufacturing, gene editing, and drug development.
We are seeking a highly motivated and scientifically rigorous individual to join the Aerosol Sciences team. The position will focus on the development and application of experimental techniques to study the pulmonary delivery of novel -RNA formulations. The successful candidate will collaborate with an inter-disciplinary team of ReCode scientists and will have access to excellent experimental and analytical facilities.
· Conduct routine and non-routine testing of nebulizers for delivery of mRNA Lipid nanoparticle (LNP) formulations.
· Identify critical factors that influence nebulizer selection.
· Collaborate with other functions to develop analytical methods for aerosol characterization.
· Work to identify optimal mRNA formulation properties (buffer, ionic strength, viscosity) for pulmonary drug delivery.
· Develop cleaning and use instructions for selected devices.
· Perform experiments to evaluate device robustness.
· Introduce methods for evaluation of other drug/device combination products, including Dry Powder Inhalers.
· Experimental planning and protocol writing. Collect data in laboratory notebooks and provide data summaries.
· Prepare technical reports and presentations for clear communication of scientific findings across interdisciplinary teams.
Required Skills & Qualifications
· PhD in Chemistry/Physical Chemistry/Chemical Engineering/Biochemistry or related field. A strong background in aerosol physics is preferred.
· Hands-on experimental skills (e.g., experience in aerosol instrumentation and aerosol characterization) with a minimum of 3 years of relevant industry experience in drug delivery
· Prior experience working with orally inhaled and nasal drug products is strongly desired
· Experience with testing of other medical devices is advantageous
· Direct experience with mRNA product characterization/handling is preferred
· Expertise in development of methods for characterization of aerosols is preferred (e.g., emitted dose, cascade impaction, laser diffraction)
· Proficiency in other analytical techniques (HPLC/UPLC, DLS, CD, zeta potential, UV-Vis and fluorescence spectrophotometry)
· Basic understanding of RNA-related analytics (Ribogreen, gel electrophoresis, capillary electrophoresis, etc.) is desirable
· Ability to maintain accurate and well-organized laboratory records
· Excellent organizational and oral/written communication skills
· Strong analytical, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills
· Works independently as well as collaboratively within groups and interdisciplinary teams
· Desire to work in a fast-paced environment
ReCode Therapeutics (www.recodetx.com) offers competitive compensation/benefits with a friendly, collaborative culture that values employee engagement and ongoing career development. ReCode Therapeutics is an Equal Opportunity Employer.