SCIENTIFIC DIRECTOR - DRUG DISCOVERY
We are an integrated genetic medicines company developing targeted, disease-modifying medicines for patients with life-limiting respiratory diseases. Our treatments address the underlying genetic cause in underserved populations and have the potential to tremendously impact the quality and length of patients’ lives.
At ReCode, we bring a unique blend of rigor, creativity, and curiosity to our high-hurdle mission: harnessing our multi-platform approach to develop disease-modifying medicines. Our team is uniquely positioned to tackle this challenge, given our extensive experience in RNA delivery technologies, protein structure, tRNA biology, mRNA manufacturing, gene editing, and drug development.
We are seeking an Associate Director/Director with deep expertise in genetic medicines and a passion for working with new modalities to join our R&D team. The qualified candidate is a highly motivated, team-oriented, established scientific leader with extensive experience in supporting drug discovery efforts. The candidate will be responsible for managing and coordinating our internal and external drug discovery efforts, and for partnering with other members of the leadership team to leverage ReCodes’ unique RNA delivery platform and grow the company’s therapeutic portfolio.
HERE’S WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Lead, manage and mentor a team of scientists and infrastructure to support preclinical discovery across a portfolio of projects in the genetic medicines space
- Guide and lead the teams to execute on plans to deliver novel targets for drug discovery into the early-stage portfolio
- Establish and maintain functionally integrated project schedules to enable accurate project analyses, identification of critical path activities and areas of resource constraint.
- Lead, facilitate and document project team meetings, cross-functional communication and decision making, ensuring alignment with internal functional groups and leadership.
- Oversee project management activities, scenario planning, identify and manage project objectives, work plans, timelines, budgets, providing formal and informal status updates to stakeholders as needed.
- Interface with Senior Management on project requirements, status review, and key development decisions.
- Contribution to preclinical strategy, vision, and operation
HERE’S WHAT YOU’LL BRING TO THE TABLE
- Ph.D. in Life Sciences with 10+ years of industry experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A deep knowledge of, and demonstrated experience in, leading/advancing discovery projects to the clinic as part of a multidisciplinary team.
- Proven experience in gene therapy, editing, and correction.
- Experience with biomolecule, gene therapy, or mRNA therapeutics is a plus.
- A passion for discovering new therapies to address severe life-limiting diseases with significant unmet need.
- Extensive experience in establishing and managing successful relationships with key KOLs and external collaborators.
- Extensive experience drafting detailed experimental plans and managing external collaborations.
- Experience in developing high quality models for establishing proof-of-concept.
ReCode Therapeutics (www.recodetx.com) offers a competitive compensation/benefits with a friendly, collaborative culture that values employee engagement and ongoing career development. ReCode Therapeutics is an Equal Opportunity Employer.