DIRECTOR - FORMULATION DEVELOPMENT
We are an integrated genetic medicines company developing targeted, disease-modifying medicines for patients with life-limiting respiratory diseases. Our treatments address the underlying genetic cause in underserved populations and have the potential to tremendously impact the quality and length of patients’ lives.
At ReCode, we bring a unique blend of rigor, creativity, and curiosity to our high-hurdle mission: harnessing our multi-platform approach to develop disease-modifying medicines. Our team is uniquely positioned to tackle this challenge, given our extensive experience in RNA delivery technologies, protein structure, tRNA biology, mRNA manufacturing, gene editing, and drug development.
The incumbent will oversee and lead formulation development of lipid nanoparticles / RNA-based product candidates for preclinical and clinical development. In this role the candidate will work within cross-functional product development team to develop and commercialize gene therapy drug products.
HERE’S SOME OF WHAT YOU’LL DO
· Provide leadership in designs and execution of experiments to develop and optimize lipid nanoparticle (LNPs) formulations to have high potency, good safety profile, stability, and ability to aerosolize.
· Provide a science-based approach to formulation optimization: determine the role of each excipient and impact on product quality attributes and functionality, identify alternative excipients and optimize formulation composition for lead candidates.
· Manufacture and test bench-scale batches of formulations for evaluation in-vitro and in animal models.
· Provide strong leadership skills. Responsible for managing a department, hire, train and coach staff.
· Summarize and present data, author development reports and provide recommendations to product development teams.
· Some hands-on work in the lab is expected.
HERE’S WHAT YOU’LL BRING TO THE TABLE
· Minimally a Ph.D. in chemistry, bioengineering, chemical engineering, or a related discipline with 5+ years of directly relevant industry experience. Comparatively, a candidate possessing an MS in chemistry, bioengineering, chemical engineering, or a related discipline with 10+ years of directly relevant industry experience will be considered.
· 5+ years of formulation and product development experience with drug delivery systems, lipid-based products, biophysical, and small-scale process techniques.
· Hands-on experience with liposomes or nanoparticles or other lipid-based drug delivery systems required.
· Understanding of the in-vitro and in-vivo experiments used for screening for candidate formulation required.
ReCode Therapeutics (www.recodetx.com) offers a competitive compensation/benefits friendly, collaborative culture that values employee engagement and ongoing career development. ReCode Therapeutics is an Equal Opportunity Employer.