JOB TITLE: Part-Time (24 hours plus on call) Therapeutic Group Home Therapist Counselor
Supervisor: Director of Clinical Services
GOAL: To provide high quality, trauma-informed therapeutic care to youth living in Gracehaven's Therapeutic Group Home and use evidence-informed individual, family, and group therapies and curriculums.
- Responsible for providing Clinical Services to adolescents and their families at the Group Home
- Responsible for providing 24/7 Clinical On-Call and Crisis Intervention services to clients residing at the Group Home
- Responsible to contribute to and foster a trauma-informed organizational culture
- Responsible for maintaining compliance standards
- Responsible to participate in Gracehaven events and supervisory/team meetings
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Establish therapeutic rapport and relationships with Gracehaven Group Home clients and families
- Provide a comprehensive diagnostic assessment on intakes which will provide an intensive clinical evaluation of the individual youth. The focus of which will determine the level of functioning, psychological state, and will include the formulation of a diagnostic impression, assessment of need, level of care and individualized treatment recommendations.
- Participate in the collaborative development of an Individual Service Plan (ISP) - Treatment Plan with the client, family and other services providers. Update, revise and maintain this plan with the interdisciplinary team according to regulatory guidelines (ODJFS-QRTP, Ohio MHAS, etc.)
- Responsible for providing behavioral health services, including individual, group, and/or family therapy to adolescents and families based on mutually agreed upon goals with the client and/or parents as identified in the ISP - Treatment Plan.
- Participate in monthly Multidisciplinary Discharge Review and Planning Staffings, and serve as an advocate for the clients to ensure that appropriate services are provided and that permanency/maintenance planning is prioritized.
- Provide accurate and timely documentation and service delivery requirements as set forth by the agency and OMHAS.
- Maintain effective, timely and thorough verbal and written communication with clients, families, referring agencies, and other service providers as described in the interdisciplinary team process.
- Provide 24/7 hour clinical on-call services for active group home clients, including in-person and/or telehealth (as appropriate) crisis intervention and risk assessment and screening (e.g. suicidal, homicidal, psychotic, etc.) and make appropriate referrals to available emergency or psychiatric treatment facilities when appropriate.
- NOTE: 24/7 on-call will also be staffed by other individuals and firms contracted by Gracehaven. This ensures that no one person is on call at all times.
- Assist the client and Gracehaven service team in developing effective safety plans and behavioral intervention plans as needed.
- Assist in reviewing group home referrals and conducting pre-placement interviews as needed/requested by the Director of Group Home and/or Director of Clinical Services.
Trauma-Informed Responsive Organizational Culture Requirements:
- Supports the philosophy, goals, and mission of Gracehaven
- Shares information and training resources with staff that support the implementation of trauma-informed/responsive practices when interacting with clients, families, and service team members
- Supports a trauma-informed and responsive ethos at the group home by modeling, coaching, and/or reinforcing the teaching of symptom management, including relaxation techniques, anger management, therapeutic goal-setting, problem solving, coping skills, etc.
- Utilizes therapeutic, trauma-informed/responsive intervention techniques before, during and after times of crisis to support safe client de-escalation and stabilization
- Maintain active license that is in good standing with the state of Ohio Social Work and Counselors Board
- Participates in professional development (e.g. training, workshops, conferences, etc.) to maintain professional knowledge and proficiency and Continuing Education units (CEUs) necessary to maintain appropriate licensure and credentialing
- Clinical services must be provided in accordance with all policies and procedures, and current federal, state, and local standards, guidelines, and regulations governing Gracehaven Therapeutic Services
- Provide therapeutic services in a manner that ensures confidentiality of the client is maintained and HIPPA guidelines are followed
- Maintains accurate and timely documentation/outcomes, data/records, service delivery requirements as set forth by the agency policy and procedures, and Ohio MHAS
- Maintain productivity standards for the position
- Participates in program quality improvement activities and maintains quality assurance standards
- Strive to maintain positive client and stakeholder satisfaction
- Attend all COYFC and Gracehaven training, and staff meetings
- Assist with all Gracehaven fundraising events
- Participates in supervision, case review, staffings, and other intra-agency, and supervisory activities
- Performs all other duties as assigned by the Director of Clinical Services
Because COYFC, its affiliates and subsidiaries are a part of the same faith-based organization and share a faith mission and set of values, we require all employees to consistently apply and live according to the religious mission and theological beliefs. Each staff member, regardless of role, is asked to:
- Articulate and uphold COYFC religious beliefs and practices at work and outside of work. Each employee serves to represent the religious message and mission to COYFC (as outlined in the Statement of Faith and Mission) to the broader community
- Be ready and willing to lead and contribute to distinctly Christian activities
- Participate in and lead regular times of prayer, devotion and Bible teaching as a regular aspect of your role within YFC
- Seek God's guidance and wisdom, through prayer and meditation, for the organization as a whole as well as for specific ministry initiatives
- Regularly pray for and share spiritual content with existing and prospective donors to COYFC
- Regularly encourage and teach existing and prospective volunteer leaders through the Holy Bible
- Demonstrated skills in managing care to children and families, with experience in providing care to individuals impacted by trauma, especially sexual violence and trafficking, and their families
- Excellent communication or interpersonal skills to establish and maintain positive relationships with clients, their families, and multidisciplinary professionals and service providers
- Education: Master's degree in social work/counseling or a related field from an accredited university or professional school
- License by the State of Ohio Counseling and Social Work Board as a LSW, LPC, or MFT required: LISW (Independent Social Worker), LPCC (Clinical Counselor), or MMFT (Marriage and Family Therapist), preferred
- Experience: Two (2) or more years providing trauma informed counseling to youth and families is preferred
- Level II or III QRTP approved Trauma Model Certified is preferred
- Clean background check
- Agreement with the Central Ohio Youth for Christ and Gracehaven Standards of Conduct and Statement of Faith