CodeHunter is looking for a full-time AWS Cloud/DevOps Engineer to join our team in McLean, VA. This position also has the ability to be remote based on work experience level. The role is a part of the engineering team and is critical to the success of CodeHunter.
The AWS Cloud/DevOps Engineer will be working with the engineering team and focusing on AWS infrastructure and automation. A key part of the role is to champion and lead infrastructure as code or template. The Engineer will leverage the full power of the cloud to configure highly resilient and scalable applications that support zero downtime. This position is open to a mid-level to principal professional, depending on experience and background.
- Design, provision, configure and maintain AWS cloud infrastructure that is secure, scalable, and highly available.
- Provision, configure, release and maintain AWS cloud infrastructure as code using tools such as Terraform, CloudFormation.
- Work collaboratively with software engineering to define infrastructure and deployment requirements.
- Definition and deployment of systems for metrics, logging, and monitoring on AWS platform Design, build, and maintain operational tools for deploying, monitoring, and analyzing AWS infrastructure and applications using GitLab CI/CD, GitLab Runner, and Helm tools.
- Build, Deploy and maintain application services using ECS, EKS, K8s, and Docker files.
- Pre-production acceptance testing for quality assurance.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues across various application domains and platforms.
- Use ticket management systems such as Jira and Confluence to manage work priorities.
- Work closely with developers on the team to debug web app issues.
- Apply networking knowledge to debug upstream issues.
- Perform infrastructure cost analysis and optimization.
- Responsible for securely storing information such as passwords and tokens.
- Administer and troubleshoot Linux-based systems.
- Evaluation of new technology alternatives and vendor products.
- Providing recommendations for architecture and process improvements.
- Perform off-hours maintenance and support of the platform.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- At least 3-5 years of experience building and maintaining AWS infrastructure (VPC, EC2, Security Groups, IAM, ECS, EKS, RDS, S3, SQS, ELK).
- Experience and a solid understanding of deploying and maintaining container platforms and their orchestration using tools such as EKS, ECS, K8S, and Docker tools.
- Experienced in the design, configuration, and maintenance of services for metrics, logging, and monitoring of the platform and services using tools such as ELK, Prometheus, Grafana.
- Strong understanding of how to secure AWS environments and meet compliance requirements.
- Expertise in using GitLab, GitLab Runner, and Helm for CI / CD automation.
- Hands-on experience deploying and managing infrastructure with Terraform and CloudFormation from scratch.
- Solid foundation of networking and Linux administration.
- Ability to learn/use various open source technologies and tools.
- Experience with Atlassian tooling such as Jira and Confluence preferred.
- Flexible and willing to accept a change in priorities as necessary.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Previous experience would be a plus