US CITIZENS ONLY
Affirm Logic Corporation (ALC) is conducting a search for an experienced Vice President of Product Engineering accountable for defining and delivering the product engineering. Reporting to the CTO, the leader will be responsible for giving oversight and proactive direction to the product engineering team developing our SaaS product CodeHunter.
· Track and report on release issues and risks, seeking to resolve issues and escalate risks as needed. Deliver on time, with high quality that delights customers.
· Conduct Release Readiness Reviews, monitor Release preparation activity, and Report on Readiness status to C-Suite executives
· Define the process for, and conduct Go / No-Go reviews to ensure quality and release readiness. Coordinate amongst multiple stakeholders to ensure optimal release schedules.
· Weekly release reporting that includes progress monitoring to ensure that all releases are delivered on time and within budget while meeting or exceeding quality expectations.
· Lead the core release engineering teams and work with them to ensure code merges and release processes are completed with high quality.
· Work hand in hand with Product Management and senior technology organization leadership and their own teams to achieve product delivery goals.
· Communicate departmental plans, goals, and status to other departments and divisions while communicating corporate and divisional strategies within their department.
· Have led and developed common strategies for release governance across multiple departments.
· Have led and established consistent release management processes. Have led facilitated cross-department coordination of release management functions.
· Have implemented, tracked cross-department release calendar.
· Have implemented approach, tools, metrics to measure release cadence and across the entire software portfolio including release-related performance indicators.
· Analytical and Problem-solving must be able to identify and eliminate redundancies at the portfolio level and should be capable of recognizing patterns and opportunities for improvement throughout the entire organization.
· They must have the capacity to understand multi-level failure scenarios that can result from release activities as the role is expected to be a high-level referee for release activities and will get pulled into discussions surrounding release-related downtime and risk.
· Should also have proven ability to discern critical from minor problems and innovate new solutions.
· Must be able to define the process used to facilitate, track and manage the movement of initiatives through product development life cycle from Product Vision Discovery, Define Objectives of MVP, Define Feature Functionalities and User Story Refinement, MVP Design and Development, Launch Readiness and Post-launch maintenance and support.
· Determine department budgets and schedules and ensure they are met.
· Work experience as a Vice President of Engineering or in a similar senior-level position at an engineering department
· Solid understanding of software and software systems, and SDLC
· Extensive experience with cloud technologies and modern human-computer interfaces
· Hands-on experience in back-end and front-end development
· Good understanding of agile methodologies
· Leadership abilities with a strategic mind
· Excellent project management skills
· BSc/MSc in Engineering, Computer Science or relevant field