Please do not apply if you are not a US Citizen. This role requires US Citizenship.
CodeHunter by AffirmLogic is a fast-growing technology start-up building the world’s first application security solution that detects all variations of malware hidden in the code of software applications. We are looking for a UI/UX Designer to turn our SaaS solution into an easy-to-use product for our clients. Ultimately, you’ll create both functional and appealing features that address our customers’ needs and help us grow our customer base.
The UI/UX Designer's responsibilities include gathering designing graphic elements and building navigation components. To be successful in this role, you should have experience with design software and wireframe tools.
* Collaborate with Client Success, Product Marketing, Product Managers, Engineers, and Stakeholders to ideate, strategize, and brainstorm ideas.
* Translate user needs and client requirements into both low and high-fidelity visual concepts and prototypes to be used in testing and aid with cross-team communication, collaboration, and development.
* Facilitate meetings, workshops, and discussions with our team to help us find a balance between user wants, client needs, the technical level of effort, and timelines.
* Leverage user research and analytics tools to measure success, present opportunities, and support decision-making.
* Design personas, journey maps, service blueprints, and other artifacts that help communicate the context of people, situations, and challenges that will shape and influence our designs and solutions.
* Create visualizations, site maps, user flows, wireframes, low- to high-fidelity mockups, and prototypes; and iterate on designs based on stakeholder, user, and customer feedback.
* Keep up with emerging technologies and industry standards for UI/UX design and its methods
* Maintain a high level of aesthetic details and production quality that reflect brand guidelines.
* Contribute to the client Design System by keeping track of evolving UI components, design patterns, and other artifacts
* Visual design tasks involving the creation of infographics, customer illustrations, logos, etc.
* Perform usability testing and front-end QA
* Minimum of 5 years experience as a UI/UX user-centered designer
* Conducting in-context observations and interviews
* Experience creating process flows, user flows, and highly detailed annotated wireframes and mockups within complex web applications
* Demonstrable skills in sketching and generating big-picture ideas for early-stage UX work
* Experience creating responsive websites, software applications, interactive spaces, games, and/or mobile applications
* Expertise in typography, layout, color, grid system, information architecture, visual communication and hierarchy, and interaction design
* Expert in prototyping ideas – whether high or low fidelity using the Adobe Suite, UXPin, Sketch, or similar prototyping tools
* Ability and desire to learn and adapt- whether it’s with a new prototyping tool, design process, or game
* BSc in Design, Computer Science or relevant field desired; verified equivalent experience is accepted in lieu of a degree
* Knowledge of U.S. Section 508 compliance
* Experience designing cybersecurity SaaS/web-based products
* Experience working with a design system and UI patterns to drive design decisions
* Experience analyzing and interpreting interaction metrics into insights
* Experience planning and facilitating user research and usability studies
* Strong facilitation skills, including the ability to conduct workshops to document journey maps and user experience details
* Ability to seek opportunities to solve problems in unusual and innovative ways
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills (the ability to effectively sell an idea)
* Effective communication with solution architects/developers/engineers
* Ability to manage time wisely across competing priorities, meet agreed-upon deadlines, and be accountable for work
* Knowledge of web development with the familiarity with multi-platform development techniques
* Knowledge of the Agile development process
* Experience in working with a cross-functional team or large-scale software development lifecycle
* Experience working with remote team members in different time zones
* Certified Usability Analyst (CUA) Certification a plus