*This is not a remote position, the applicant must be able to work in McLean, VA
CodeHunter by Affirm Logic is a fast-growing technology start-up building the world’s first application security solution that detects all variations of malware hidden in the code of software applications!
We are seeking an experienced IT Systems and Security Administrator to join us on this journey, using his or her technological skills to make us more efficient, digitally resilient, and secure. In this role, the successful individual will oversee our current systems and assets, assist with upgrades and fixes, maintain operational functionality, maintain an acceptable baseline security posture, provide training and support (as needed), and build our systems destined for customers. Our ideal candidate has extensive knowledge of computer hardware and software, information security best practices and controls, Cloud, network maintenance, and advanced industry knowledge to keep us on the cutting edge. From day one, you will have an immediate impact on the day-to-day efficiency of our IT operations and security as well as an ongoing impact on our overall growth. Must enjoy the planning of projects, but also executing upon projects personally. This is not a management position at this point.
Objectives of this Role
· Maintain and administer all IT operations and Network infrastructure (wired and wireless)
· Maintain and enhance the digital security posture of our environment with end users and related organizational entities.
· Manage all IT assets and associated budget.
· Handle business-critical IT tasks and system improvements
· Employ IT best practices for documenting processes, backups, maintenance, security policies.
· Partner with other team members to understand system requirements, configurations, and offer support for maintenance or enhancement of existing systems
· Modify or establish internal controls, process and procedures related to IT Security
· Identify opportunities for more efficient processes and employee productivity.
· Research and evaluate emerging technologies, hardware, and software.
· Optimize the build of production systems and cloud offerings.
· Perform functions with owner mentality.
· Support all remote users.
· Manage all telecommunications and related technologies.
· Establish and utilize an IT ticketing system to manage all IT changes and help desk requests.
· Install, configure, and support workstation software, hardware, and printers to meet company objectives.
· Execute system and network administration, design, documentation, implementation, and testing, ensuring components meet needs and work together seamlessly
· Implement applications, software upgrades and security protocols, as well as performance troubleshooting.
· Train employees on both software and hardware, troubleshoot, and provide technical support when needed.
· Implement and monitor daily backup and recovery procedures.
· Build production systems for premise or cloud situations.
· Administer and provide support for software applications.
· Remain up to date with best practices in IT administration.
Skills and Qualifications
· Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or equivalent work experience
· 5 + years’ experience in IT and Security
· 5+ years’ experience working with AWS.
· Experience with or knowledge of routing, firewalls, VPN, Cybersecurity, networking, operating systems; current equipment and technologies, enterprise backup and recovery procedures, and system performance-monitoring tools, Cloud based platforms (AWS, Azure), etc.
· Ability to keep all company information confidential.
· Ability to create and maintain IT policies.
· Ability to obtain clearance if/when required.
· Project management experience preferred.
· Professional certifications
· Experience designing, implementing and maintaining IT infrastructure.
· Experience working with hypervisor technologies and associated virtual infrastructure management frameworks like ESX/Hyper-V.
· VMWare: 2 years (Preferred)
· Microsoft Office 365: 3-5 years (Preferred)
· OKTA SSO: 1 year (Preferred)
· Implementing Security Plans: 3 years (Preferred)
Preferred Professional & Interpersonal Skills
· Capability in reading, interpreting and analyzing network and log files.
· Capability in articulating problems, gathering data, validating facts, and coming to valid conclusions.
· Capability in showing initiative, working independently as well as on teams.
· Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Previous experience in a high paced, high performance, multi-faceted environment.
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Must be detail oriented, results focused, possess effective written and verbal communication skills, and be able to support change management initiatives.
· Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Generates creative solutions; Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner.
· Ability to be flexible and adaptable to changing environments and business situations.
· Evaluate technology problems and create manageable solutions.
· Positive attitude and strong work ethic; Ability to work independently and in team settings.
· Focuses on accountability and problem and conflict resolutions.
· Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
· Effectively influences actions and opinions of others.
· Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills.
· Shares expertise with others
· Able to communicate technical ideas and concepts to non-technical audiences.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills.