Clearance Requirements: Must be a U.S. citizen and willing to obtain a DHS Public Trust Clearance.
Synertex has an immediate opening for a Senior Developer to support the Data Integration and Analysis Layer (DIAL) program within the Countering Weapons of Mass Destruction (CWMD) Office for the Department of Homeland Security (DHS).
The position is a remote, work from home opportunity that will require a security clearance. Candidates must currently reside in one of these states: FL, MD, NM, TN, TX, or VA.
Benefits to include 15 days PTO, 10 days Paid Government Holidays, a 401k with 6% matching and an employee profit sharing program.
DIAL is an analyst workbench developed to integrate and analyze health and non-health systems, data, and applications-as well as provide an all-source bio surveillance platform capable of detecting biological threats of national significance, across the Federal interagency.
- Work within a team environment to develop a software-based platform that will facilitate rapid decision making and increased situational awareness across a variety of users, disciplines, and geographic locations.
- Build robust, maintainable, well documented, and well tested enterprise-level applications.
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with the customer and other team members. Including managers, data scientists, DevOps engineers, and other senior and junior/midlevel developers.
- Work on developing and integrating full-stack big data/machine learning /advanced analytic applications
- Extensive knowledge and experience of Amazon Web Services (AWS) including S3, RDS, and ECS / EKS.
- Extensive knowledge and experience of web application development using Java / Kotlin, Spring, Spring Boot, MySQL, Hibernate, JPA, Gradle, JSON, XML, and Junit.
- Experience with HTML, CSS, and Angular / AngularJS.
- Experience with Docker.
- Knowledge of Java application servers such as Tomcat.
Additional Desired Skills
- Working knowledge of Jira and Confluence.
- Experience or knowledge of working with:
- Docker Compose / Kubernetes
- Spark, Hadoop, HDFS, HBase, and Hive
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical field.