Clearance Requirement: Active DoD TS/SCI with Polygraph
Synertex is seeking Senior Data Visualization Developer to support a newly awarded contract with a government client in McLean, VA or Bethesda, MD. This position requires work to be performed onsite.
Benefits include 15 days PTO, 11 days Paid Government Holidays, a 401k with 6% matching, and inclusion in our employee profit sharing program.
The Senior Data Visualization Developer (DVD) will act as lead over Data Visualization Specialist (Tableau Admins). The DVD will leverage tools such as ServiceNow, JIRA, or similar ITSM tools to monitor and review team member assignments to ensure equitable use of resources, and to exercise quality control over tasks. Additionally, the DVD will meet with their team members daily in SCRUM fashion (10 mins) to provide an opportunity to hear risks and will mitigate as necessary.
The DVD is also responsible to ensure team members coordinate across teams as necessary for more complex tasks to ensure success, and to ensure team members embrace skill enhancement through mentoring and on-the-job training moments. Solutions requiring new software, methodologies, approaches, or other changes will be coordinated with the task lead and SME forums to ensure that all solutions are in compliance and are within the constraints of the ATO. Solution stack baselines (a list of pre-approved software and code) will be encouraged to eliminate unnecessary changes to baselines.
- Develop visual presentations in Tableau with the use of static or dynamic input that may require ETL using Tableau tools.
- Plan, analyze, and create visual solutions to data projects and other data management needs.
- Identify the most effective way to get messages across in Tableau using color, type, illustration, graphics, and various layout techniques.
- Work with senior technicians, data scientists, architects, and the portfolio manager to gather relevant information and perform own research.
- Prepare dashboards per government managers request and work with Tableau dashboard content providers to ensure needs are met in a timely manner.
- No degree with 24 years of related experience OR
- Bachelor’s degree with 18 years of related experience OR
- Master’s degree with 10 years of related experience