Clearance Requirement: Must have active TS/SCI and willing to take/pass a Polygraph
A new contract award has created the opportunity for a dynamic Senior Software Engineer to support our government customer based in Springfield, VA. The position requires to be onsite.
The Senior Software Engineer shall support the Information Technology (IT) team by providing software engineering knowledge, skills, abilities, standards, and best practices to implement modern and Next Generation (NexGen) IT solutions leveraging a wide array of vendors and technologies across the full stack: physical, networking, storage, virtualization, servers, applications, and services.
Specifically, the Senior Software Engineer shall be responsible for the detailed design, documentation, coding, code optimization, unit testing, code deployment, and code improvements of both desktop and web-based solutions on Microsoft platforms (i.e., desktops, servers, and websites) with Microsoft technologies (.NET, ASP.NET, C#, etc.) for multiple internal business/proprietary software products. The Contractor shall perform custom software development only when a commercial solution is not available.
The Senior Software Engineer shall directly participate in the full software development life cycle (SDLC): requirements gathering, analysis, solutions design, development, code reviews, test automation, and implementation using Agile methodologies.
The Senior Software Engineer shall ensure all software code is developed and maintained in accordance with U.S. Government (USG) Information Assurance (IA) and Security (INFOSEC) standards, policies, and best practices.
- Shall have 5 or more years of experience securely developing software products (client applications, web applications, and automation and/or orchestration scripts) using common/standard programming languages for deployment and utilization across an enterprise level multi-platform (Windows, *nix, etc.) information system.
- Shall have 3 or more years of experience directly working with and using relational database technologies.
- Shall have 3 or more years of experience supporting, maintaining, and documenting software functionality.
- Shall have 3 or more years of experience working independently within an Agile/Scrum development environment.
- Demonstrated experience in capturing, analyzing, and decomposing stakeholder and/or product requirements in order to generate design solutions that will be implemented, tested, and eventually transitioned to the operational environment that acknowledge technical, compliance, schedule, and cost constraint.
- Shall meet the minimum credential requirements for a Cyber IT/Cybersecurity Workforce (CSWF) position as defined in Section 6, Table 3.
- Bachelor's Degree from accredited university, or
- Certified Secure Software Lifecycle Professional (CSSLP)
- Strongly desired to be ISC (2) Certified Secure Software Lifecycle Professional (CSSLP)
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA): Web Applications
- ESRI Web Application Developer Associate (EWA)
- Strongly desired to have 5 or more years of experience conducting SDLC analysis to include: software analysis, code analysis, requirements analysis, software review, and identification of code metrics, system risk analysis, security analysis, and software reliability analysis.
- Strongly desired to have 5 or more years of experience designing, engineering, implementing, and maintaining software developed solutions in secure processing environments which must adhere to U.S. Government Information Assurance and Security standards such as the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs).
- Strongly desired to have 3 or more years of experience conducting and evaluating formal software testing and quality assurance.
- Strongly desired to have 3 or more years of experience writing production-grade software products leveraging Object Oriented and/or functional Programming skills.
- Demonstrated experience with additional programming, scripting, and web-based languages to include, but not be limited to, AngularJS, C++, Cascading Style Sheets (CSS), HTML, Java, jQuery, Ruby, Hypertext Preprocessor (PHP), Python, PowerShell, Visual Basic, etc.
- Demonstrated experience with current development, source code, project management, and version control management tools (e.g., Git, Jira, Subversion).
- Demonstrated experience working with Database Administrators (DBAs) to leverage Microsoft SQL Server database technologies to fulfill relational database requirements.
- Demonstrated experience working with Microsoft internet Information Services (IIS) web services to offer web site and web-based applications to production environments.
- Familiarity with the concept, implementation, and operations associated with DevOps in a hybrid IT organization, with personal experience working with disparate Software Development and Operations and Maintenance (O&M) teams to support a variety of in-house developed codebase solutions through a Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Ability to provide technical guidance to team members, lead application architecture discussions and decisions, and train and mentor less experienced software developers.
- Ability to manage changes in product priority and balance their impact on ongoing development efforts.