Clearance Requirements: This position requires an active DoD TS/SCI clearance and possess or be able to obtain a Polygraph.
A new, five-year contract award has created an opportunity for a Senior Systems Engineer – Desktop Support to support a critical program located in Springfield, VA. The position is required to be onsite.
Benefits include 15 days PTO, 11 days Paid Government Holidays, a 401k with 6% matching and an inclusion in our employee profit sharing program.
The Senior Systems Engineer - Desktop Support performs a variety of engineering and Tier III systems administration functions throughout all stages of the systems development lifecycle (SDLC). The Engineer is responsible for building machine images, conducting software deployments, configuring hardware, managing operating systems, and implementing automated mechanisms to facilitate Enterprise-wide endpoint management and maintenance. The Engineer is an expert in building and managing Windows environments using vendor-provided products, such a Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager (MCEM), Task Sequences, Windows Server Update Services (WSUS), Windows Image Files (WIM), and PowerShell.
The Senior Systems Engineer is responsible for prioritizing projects, gathering requirements, developing, securing, deploying, administering, and documenting end-user computing engineering solutions. The Engineer works both independently while engineering complex deployment requirements, as well as working across multidisciplinary teams for efforts spanning more than one area of responsibility.
The Senior Systems Engineer is responsible for mentoring the IT Enterprise Desktop Support team who are responsible for the IT-related end client computing requests, patching, and deployment for the Activity's IT business and mission-focus enterprise systems, as well as operating the solutions implemented by the engineer. The IT Enterprise Desktop team supports a wide array of systems, applications, and services spanning desktop operating systems (OS's), high-performance graphic workstations, thin clients, conferencing systems, printers, scanners, multifunction printers, and endpoints on a cross domain solution. The Senior Systems Engineer will use both commercial and custom toolsets to enforce consistent configurations and end-user experiences across the Enterprise.
- 7 or more years of progressive hands-on experience employing systems administration and engineering techniques, methodologies, processes, and practices to design, engineer, implement, test, secure, deliver, and operate Microsoft Enterprise information systems.
- 4 or more years of direct, hands-on experience configuring and administering Microsoft management tools, including MCEM, SCCM, Task Sequences, WSUS, WIM, and PowerShell.
- Demonstrated, hands-on experience and expertise in the following areas:
- Conducting diagnostics and analyses using Microsoft PowerShell.
- Operating and maintaining solutions in secure processing environments using DISA STIGs and SRGs.
- Configuring and administering Active Directory and Group Policy on Enterprise systems.
- Providing desktop support services to a variety of IT platforms and applications.
- Installing, configuring, managing, metering, and monitoring Microsoft and third-party applications.
- Patching Microsoft and third-party operating systems and applications.
- Network troubleshooting concepts and approaches.
- Implementing, troubleshooting, reporting, and resolving IAVAs and IAVBs.
- Position will be required to travel approximately 14 days per year.
- Shall meet the minimum credential requirements of for a Cyber IT/Cybersecurity Workforce (CSWF) System Administrator (451); Intermediate Level for SECNAV M-5239.2 compliance.
- Travel up to approximately 14 days per year is preferred.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university OR one of the following certifications:
- CompTIA Security +ce; or
- GIAC Security Essentials Certification (GSEC); or
- Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP)
- BS/MS in computer science or 10 years of experience with MCEM or SCCM.
- Microsoft 365 Certified: Modern Desktop Administrator Associate (MDAA).
- Familiarity with supporting internally escalated tickets from a Service Desk team.
- Familiarity with remediating IA and INFOSEC findings using compliance/vulnerability scans (ACAS/Tenable).