TECHNICAL TRANSLATOR – MANDARIN
Synertex is seeking a Mandarin Language Analyst for a position supporting the Office of Naval Intelligence's emerging technology division. This is the opportunity to be part of a new effort that will explore new technologies and sources of information having a potential high impact on the nation’s security. You will be part of a team of linguists, analysts and technicians examining cutting-edge technologies and potential threats to vital U.S. systems and programs, providing advanced warning and context to senior decision makers and program managers. As a Technical Translator, you can expect to spend approximately 80% of your time translating targeted Mandarin-language publications and other publicly available information as requirements dictate and approximately 20% in performing research on new information sources. The successful candidate will have familiarity with a wide range of technical terminology and technical disciplines such as sensors, platforms, and artificial intelligence (AI).
WORK SITE: Government location in Suitland, MD.
- Must demonstrate the ability to read, understand, and translate scientific and technical lexicon.
- Must have and maintain Mandarin language proficiency as verified by at least a 2.0 rating on the ILR. Must have a current (within the last year) ILR test score to validate this rating.
- Must have clear written and oral communication skills
- Must have a minimum one-year familiarity with the following:
o Microsoft Excel
o Microsoft Word
o Microsoft Outlook
o Microsoft PowerPoint
o Microsoft Paint
- Must have an active TS/SCI clearance