Content Marketing Writer (Remote Possible)
Interested in working for one of the most trusted and beloved business media (B2B) brands serving cannabis entrepreneurs and professionals? Celebrating our 11th anniversary, MJBiz has won awards for its high-quality publications and conferences, and our business is booming.
This remote-approved position allows you to work from your own home office ((must be in the US (excluding CA or NY) or Canada)) or at our Lakewood, Colorado offices. We offer competitive salary, generous paid time off, 401(k) and health benefits.
The MJBiz content and audience development team is seeking a content marketer with strong copy chops to conceptualize and write content such as brand ‘fan-zine’ newsletters, buyer’s guide white papers and landing page copy to drive new audience acquisition and convert our audience to product purchases and paid registrations to our events.
Specifically, you will create an editorial calendar and produce all copy for our weekly email newsletter, MJBizCon Buzz, produce six Buyers Guides annually, as well as innovate around ways to repurpose content from our newsroom and business conference to drive subscriber and customer acquisition.
You will work with the Engagement Marketing Director to conceptualize, plan and execute multichannel campaigns to drive audience growth. This role will be responsible for fulfilling copy needs for email marketing campaigns and be a part of the team responsible for establishing strategy for building conversion funnels to transition unknown Web traffic into known users. Then, through email newsletters, social media, gated content and other tactics, convert audiences into event attendees. This role includes planning conversion Web pages, popups, sticky bars, push notifications, emails, ads, videos and more.
This is a hands-on role; you will single-handedly advance our audience marketing funnel content. Come prepared to roll up your sleeves and measure the outcome of every effort.
The position requires proven experience in audience marketing or lead generation content creation.
You’ll need to seamlessly collaborate with our technology and content teams as well as marketers focus on direct sales and client engagement.
· Produce our “fan-zine” weekly email newsletter, MJBizCon Buzz, from start to finish
· Create a production calendar, write, edit and produce six Buyers Guides a year
· Identify opportunities to repurpose editorial content into packages designed to covert unknown users to known subscribers
· Write copy for email campaigns
· Build copy for conversion Web pages, popups, sticky bars, push notifications, emails, ads, videos and more.
· Develop a deep understanding of what gets results from our audience
· Use metrics and cleanly defined KPIs to prove ROI
· Excellence in brand-consistent, content creation
· 3+ years’ experience in multichannel content marketing and marketing automation
· Proficiency with building content in Eloqua (or a similar email marketing automation tool such as Hubspot)
· Copy accuracy
· Ability to deliver content on time and plan ahead
· Data-driven mindset
· Ability to succeed in a in a fast-paced environment.
· Agile and flexible with regards to changing priorities and business needs and in working with diverse teams and people.
· Self-motivated, and high energy
· Strong team-orientation and collaborative approach to work
· Experience in business media and/or B2B events a plus
· SEO expertise a plus
MJBiz is a division of Anne Holland Ventures Inc., a privately held, woman-owned company based in Lakewood, CO. We are an equal opportunity employer.