Demand Generation Marketing Manager (Remote Possible)
Interested in working for the most trusted business media (B2B) brand in the cannabis industry? Celebrating our 11th anniversary, MJBiz has won awards for its high-quality publications and conferences and our business is booming.
Now we are seeking a Demand Generation Marketing Manager to ensure our sales team has a researched and updated database of qualified prospects along with great marcom to pitch them with. This is not a sales position. You will be responsible for helping our team figure out which of the thousands of prospects in our database they should talk to next. The role includes:
- Creating marketing messages, including emails and media kits, to let more businesses know they should enquire advertise, sponsor or exhibit with us.
- Ranking and updating prospects in our SalesForce database so we know more about our thousands of clients and potential new accounts.
- Reviewing competitors to measure our market share and discover which prospects and accounts our sales reps should be paying more attention to.
- Helping our executives better use their LinkedIn accounts to connect with our best clients and prospects.
This Manager will report directly to the VP Sales. The team know you are there to feed them more qualified leads and marcom so they can shine, and they are grateful for your skills.
- Business copywriting skills (we will ask for a sample)
- SalesForce experience, especially in updating records, and lead scoring and ranking
- 3+ years of experience in a demand generation or lead generation department, including involvement with researching and identifying leads
- Self-motivation to research new prospects, review competitors and update a database constantly
- Experience in using LinkedIn as a connection-building platform
- Experience with a brand with thousands of smaller-to-mid-sized accounts (versus a limited number of enterprise accounts.)
You must be a U.S. or Canadian resident for this position. You work out of our Lakewood CO-area offices if you wish, or you can work from a remote location in the US or Canada. Depending on experience, the salary for this role is in the $80-90k per year range. Benefits include health insurance, a generous vacation policy, 401k and a flexible schedule that allows for work/life balance.
Some US travel will be required on occasion, before which, per company policy, you must be vaccinated.
As seen in the WSJ, Harvard Business Review and on NPR, MJBiz is a division of Anne Holland Ventures Inc, a woman-owned company based in Lakewood, CO. We are an equal opportunity employer which recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law. Our flexible hours and benefits support employees looking for a non-normative experience.