Senior WordPress Developer
Min. Experience: 5 years of WordPress Development; 3 years supervisory
Senior WordPress Developer (Remote OK)
MJBizDaily, the most trusted business news publisher for the professional cannabis industry, with more than four million unique visitors per year, is seeking a skilled Senior WordPress Developer to help maintain and upgrade our web sites.
You will report to our IT Director, manage a fulltime Full Stack Developer and communicate with in-house clients such as editorial and marketing. You’ll coordinate projects with the rest of the small IT team and have support from the graphic design department. You may work entirely remotely or use our offices in Lakewood CO as much as you wish. This is a fulltime position. Benefits include health, 401k, generous vacation and flexible scheduling that assists with your work/life balance.
You will be a crucial part of a small, engaging team of in-house developers who are upgrading and maintaining our busy content sites, event sites, and related microsites. You should have a desire to coordinate with teammates as well as to mentor and share your knowledge - not just put your head down and code for 40 hours a week. We are looking for a minimum of 5 years of solid WordPress development experience, as well as 3 years of supervisory experience and a background that includes interfacing occasionally with in-house clients.
Other requirements include:
· Development with WordPress, WordPress Plugins, and Custom WordPress Themes; JointsWP and UnderStrap strongly preferred.
· A project portfolio that demonstrates your talent
· Strong full stack skills, including demonstrated proficiency in and use of PHP, JS, MySQL, HTML, and CSS
· Optimization of sites for SEO and speed
· Experience with Google technologies: Analytics, Tag Manager, etc.
· A passion for delivering elegant, responsive designs for all device types, particularly mobile
· Experience with tools and best practices for testing and version control
· Requirement gathering and communication skills
· A positive attitude coupled with the ability to find creative, innovative solutions
· A sense of ownership and pride in what you create
Bonus skill sets and experience:
· Experience working with sites requiring heavy and frequently-updated content
· The code skills to create integrations and automations between disparate systems
· Exposure to conversion optimization practices
· Experience with server management, including AWS or other hosting providers
Depending on experience, the salary range for this role is $95-105k plus healthcare, flexible vacation and 401k. You must be a resident of the US or Canada and be available for occasional, virtual meetings during 10am-3pm Mountain Time most days of the week, including a quick daily team check-in.
As seen in the WSJ, Harvard Business Review and on NPR, MJBiz is a division of Anne Holland Ventures Inc, a woman-owned company based in Lakewood, CO. We are an equal opportunity employer which recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law. Our flexible hours and benefits support employees looking for a non-normative experience.