Sales Consultant – Remote/Denver
MJBiz, an award-winning B2B media company producing online news services, newsletters, magazines and major trade shows is seeking a Sales Consultant to add to our team. This position reports directly to the VP, Sales and is responsible for managing and upselling a current client base while managing a pipeline of new business. Our headquarters are in Lakewood CO, however this full-time position can be remote if desired. Required ‘office hours’ for any meetings are 10am-3pm MT, Tuesday-Friday, with a 40-hour week workload assumed.
This position provides an excellent opportunity to be part of the news and information leader in the cannabis space. Our team sells across platforms to provide advertising and event opportunities to our current client base as well as new entrants to the market.
As a Sales Consultant at MJBiz, you will have the following responsibilities:
· Create, develop and nurture positive business relationships in the industry
· Manage and evolve a list of current clients
· Generate new revenue from new clients entering the space
· Maintain an orderly flow of the sales process
· Travel to industry events, MJBiz events and client meetings when necessary
· Minimum 5 years media and event sales
· Knowledge of computer applications – MS Office, Salesforce
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
· Ability to work in a fast-paced, evolving environment
Depending on experience, the salary range for this role is $90k – 140k (inclusive of salary and commission potential) plus healthcare, flexible vacation and 401k.
Applicants must be a U.S. or Canada resident for this position. Residents of CA, NY, LA, MA are not eligible for this role. Some U.S. travel will be required on occasion, to events and the Lakewood office if remote.
As seen in the WSJ, Harvard Business Review and on NPR, MJBiz is a division of Anne Holland Ventures Inc, a woman-owned company based in Lakewood, CO. We are an equal opportunity employer which recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law. Our flexible hours and benefits support employees looking for a non-normative experience.