QA Intermediate Developer
Alliance Enterprises, Inc, founded in 1981, has a history of providing innovative technology-based solutions. Alliance specializes in developing applications that support vocational rehabilitation agencies in assisting people with disabilities to obtain long term employment.
At Alliance, we invest in people, meaning we push our employees to increase their business savvy, technical knowledge, and industry perspective. Our employees are trustworthy and care about each other and our customers; we work together to support the vocational rehabilitation industry.
Alliance Enterprises, Inc. is looking for enthusiastic intermediate software developer for our Aware Quality Assurance team. You Assurance team. You will work with others to develop and maintain automation tests to the Aware web applications and supporting tools. You’ll find opportunities to participate in multiple phases of the Software Development Lifecycle, learn new skills and technologies, and contribute to department goals and objectives.
Your work will focus mainly on assisting in developing new automation and redeveloping current automation. We are looking for highly motivated individuals who are eager to learn, grow and advance their contributions to our organization.
Responsibilities and Duties
• Developing and maintaining automation tests and code
• Assisting with other teams and development tasks
• Translate design specifications and requirements into test cases and/or checklists with expected results
• Document results of tests for the software development team
• Maintain updated knowledge of industry trends and advancements
• Work with team members to ensure that requirements are well understood and capture expectations
• For small to medium complexity items, develop a technical design\approach from specifications
• Participate in code reviews and demonstrate completed work to team members
• Execute manual, exploratory and functional tests
• Assist with department objectives
• Tasks as assigned
Preferred Skills and Expertise
• 2 – 4 years of experience in software development in a business environment, including web development and web applications
• 3 - 5 years of experience testing web applications in a business environment, QA testing methodologies, and writing test plans
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent years of experience
• Experience with .NET framework development using C# and VB.NET, and Visual Studio
• Experience with creating data-driven applications with MS SQL Server 2016 - 2019, SQL Management Studio, stored procedures, user-defined functions, and views.
• Understanding of Object-Oriented-Design concepts and development patterns
• Excellent communication skills and attention to detail
• Willingness to learn and take on new challenges; self-directed and highly motivated
Highly Desired Skills and Expertise
• Understanding of Transact SQL, SQL Server, .NET Framework, AJAX, HTML and XML
• Understanding of automation testing
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Azure DevOps
• High proficiency in computer technology and programming languages
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
• Great team player and able to work efficiently with minimal supervision
• Experience with accessibility compliance desired
Employment Type: Full-time
Experience: Intermediate Level
Industry: Software, Information Technology and Services
Check us out on our website: Alliance Careers