ABOUT THIS ROLE
Behind every successful executive (“CEO”) is an exceptional Executive Assistant (“EA”). In this role, the EA must act as a gatekeeper, problem solver, and filter, allowing the CEO to remain focused on priorities. They must understand his working style, know his expectations, and remember the small things that make him tick. The EA not only helps manage inner office workings, but also maintains a balance between professional, familial, and social obligations. In short, to be an effective deputy, the EA must work side-by-side with CEO to imbibe his knowledge, learn how the business functions, and work toward furthering the success of the CEO.
The ideal candidate can start immediately. Our firm provides flexibility regarding working in the office or remotely, depending on the current needs or juncture of work. We're most concerned about quality of output more than face time. However, to build the type of relationship described above, there first needs to be a great deal of trust between both parties which can only be achieved with face time. In addition, due to the nature of the job, there may be times outside of a 8a-4p work day in which your assistance will be needed. Similarly, there may also be times during regular hours when your workload may be lighter, allowing more in-day flexibility for personal obligations.
- Provides administrative support to the CEO
- Manage information flow as the main point of contact for the CEO; filter all communications, meetings requests, administrations, family and finance-related matters.
- Assist in email management
- Maintain complex and detailed calendars. Structure calendars to optimize meeting cadence, prioritization, and related logistics
- Develop a system of organization for the CEO.
- Ensure effective coordination and execution of the CEO’s workload, including triaging the volume of work to ensure priorities are completed accurately and on a timely basis.
- Coordinate a high volume of domestic and international travel arrangements.
- Prepare and distribute internal correspondence, memos, letters, reports or other documents as needed.
- Maintain understanding of firm policies and handle certain issues independently.
- Responsible for participation in general administrative duties (scans, filing, archiving), ad-hoc projects, and or group events.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills required.
- Ability to maintain high standards despite pressing deadlines
- Comfortable working in a sometimes hectic, high pressure environment.
- Ability to solve problems quickly and efficiently.
- Industrious self-starter with excellent anticipation and follow up skills.
- Ability to handle highly sensitive and confidential information.
- Demonstrated dependability and sense of urgency about getting results.
- Demonstrates high degree of integrity and confidentiality.
- Ability to display a consistent, professional degree of communication.
- Ability to work well under pressure, adapt to unexpected events, prioritize and multi-task.
- Must have excellent judgment; independent thinker and resourceful.
- Strong proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Flexibility to work in a small organization and to become part of the workplace culture
- Team player with a positive attitude.
- Highest degree of integrity, professionalism, diplomacy and discretion required.
- Prefer 3+ years of experience.
- Unlimited PTO
- Firm subsidized premium health-care
- Performance based bonus opportunities
- Lunch provided daily
- Dogs allowed in office
- 401K program