Founded in 1997, Goddard is a dynamic, full-service product development and engineering firm specializing in the design and development of medical technology, life science and industrial products. Drawing from the collective expertise of its experienced designers and engineers, Goddard’s mission is to deliver outstanding solutions that positively impact lives.
Why you should join us:
- Project diversification: Our teams have helped to re-imagine and build products ranging from implantable heart pumps to boat monitors to flying cars.
- On-site partnership model: Our engineers become a part of our clients’ team. Many of our clients opt to host our engineers on-site for the duration of their project. Every Thursday, the entire Goddard staff gathers in our Beverly and San Diego offices to discuss projects. The upshot? No matter where you are, you’re always supported by the whole team.
- We care about culture: From our “dress-for-your-day” policy, Athletic Club and Women’s Network to social hours and summer Fridays, we believe in taking care of our teammates.
Goddard is seeking a highly motived CAD Operator / Drafter, to successfully develop technical drawings of products using computer-aided design (CAD) software, such as SolidWorks or Creo, apply Design Controls to the documentation of Engineering outputs while working alongside our Quality and Engineering departments. Primary areas of operation will relate to the documentation of 2D Engineering drawings and editing of 3D CAD native files (in SolidWorks or Creo), make revisions and obtain approval from clients and internal leadership, maintain CAD and drawing databases, and prepare supporting documentation relating to designs. Familiarity with various manufacturing and assembly methods (sheet metal, milling, welding, injection molding) is beneficial. An ability to generate documentation in the areas of electrical engineering schematic capture, other electrical documentation is a strong plus.
In this role, we will ask you to:
- Create preliminary design sketches for conceptual analysis.
- Create engineering drawings and designs for production and manufacturing based on 3D CAD.
- Maintain native 2D and 3D engineering data within PDM.
- Create and maintain design specifications, documentation, vendor, purchasing, and material lists.
- Work with Engineers to estimate material and production costs for designs.
- Support supply chain with vendor documentation and communicate directly with suppliers and manufacturers.
- Prepare complete documentation packages for engineers.
- Verify drawings are correct to specifications, codes, best practices, and other regulations.
- Have an in-depth knowledge of the ASME Y14.5 standard.
- Create and support Engineers to author and implement change orders within Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) software.
- Develop technical reports for engineers or implement redlines to reports.
- Be a motivating, positive, and success-oriented team member while collaborating with others to find creative solutions to problems.
- Be empathetic towards others, whether it’s a project or personal related subject.
- Be attentive to details and receptive to feedback.
- Be familiar with the latest development and methodologies in your field. Continue to grow your capabilities within all realms of your career.
- Admit weakness in areas you need help in no matter what situation you are faced with. Goddard prides themselves on helping each other and getting the right people, support, or tools in place to ensure a successful result.
- Take every care, regard, action, and ability to keep all privileged information not yet known to other individuals, companies, public, or other entity private and confidential in all regards.
- Travel as needed. A valid driver’s license is required.
- Experience with Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Strong communicator, creative thinker, and team player.
- You are excited at the prospect of working on a diverse array of projects.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Have a deadline-orientated mindset.
Goddard believes that everyone is entitled to fair opportunities and equal employment rights. We comply with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination in hiring and the terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to, compensation, promotion, discipline, or termination. Goddard is firm on its policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants on the basis of qualification and merit and will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, veteran status, public assistance status, membership or activity in a local commission, or any other legally protected status in accordance with applicable local, state, and federal laws.