Goddard is seeking a Mechanical Design Engineer with roughly 3-5 years of experience in product development, mechanical design and engineering to join our team in Beverly, MA.
In this role, we will ask you to:
- Work with a team to design and test mechanical concepts for a wide range of products, encompassing core functional mechanisms, exterior parts, and packaging - all while balancing function, appearance, and budgetary requirements.
- Work with clients independently or as a team member on larger projects.
- Communicate clearly with team members, senior management, and the client throughout the project.
- Be a positive and success-oriented individual who is familiar with the latest product development and rapid-prototype methodologies.
- Work with team members to estimate resource requirements, monitor progress and balance/reallocate as needed.
- Strive to balance strategic planning and tactical execution.
- Work with team members to resolve conflicts among resources and between clients and engineering teams.
- Remain apprised of the progress of certain projects, paying particular attention to any developing problems, and participate in major problem resolutions.
- Keep all privileged information private and confidential.
- Be proficient in the latest version of SolidWorks CAD package.
- Travel as-needed (valid driver's license and vehicle required).
- You are a strong communicator, creative thinker, and team player.
- You are excited at the prospect of working on a diverse array of projects.
- You are energized by solving tough problems and tackling challenges head on.
Goddard believes that everyone is entitled to fair opportunities and equal employment rights. We comply with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination in hiring and the terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to, compensation, promotion, discipline, or termination. Goddard is firm on its policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants on the basis of qualification and merit and will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, veteran status, public assistance status, membership or activity in a local commission, or any other legally protected status in accordance with applicable local, state, and federal laws.